+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit84 View Post
    Luckyme, I will have to do another stim....this will be no 8 I think! Yes, both of my children are IVF Bubs but it only took me 3 stims to have both of them and have since done 4 stims which have all failed....starting to wonder if it's from my c section scar? I had my first vaginally then had my 2nd by c section so it weighs on my mind.

Lileitak, my kids are 4.5 and almost 3 ( they are 21mths apart) and we started trying for no3 when my youngest was 12mths.

Kitik, thanks! I'm hoping it will fly by too but also need all that time to save the $$!

Pinkpopsicle-congrats!!
    I just did ivf to conceive our third (our first 2 we did fert treatment but not ivf).

I have adenomyosis which is likely a result of the c section scarring/traumas which they think is why I had 2 of my 3 miscarriages last year.

For the transfer the FS used ultrasound to put the embryo on the back of the uterus (ie where the scarring isn't). Not sure if this might be an option for you to consider. They used embryo glue and at my 12 week scan on Tuesday they saw that the embryo implanted right where it was placed.

All the best to everyone ttc #3 - it's still such a roller coaster no matter how many you have already. We had a hopeless cycle, 4 eggs, 1 embryo and here I am 12 weeks along - still can't believe it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella- Thank you for your reply! How did you find out you had scarring? Was it investigated because of your miscarriages? What procedure did you have to find out you had scarring? Sorry for all the questions I just feel like my clinic aren't listening! I have asked them 3 times now if scarring is possibly preventing implantation as I had no dramas after having my daughter vaginally now since having my son via section I have had 4 failed stim cycles and 1 failed FET. But clinic just keep saying no it's highly unlikely and that's the end of that! No discussion no offer of further investigation!!
    Im gearing up for a stim cycle in June but wondering if I should be having a look at scarring issue more first!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm pregnant with #3 via FET and I'm 40. Oldest boy is now turning 8 conceived via iui with Australian donor sperm. 2nd boy is turning 2 conceived via IVF with ICSI and same donor, my partner is the bio and birth mother. This baby I'm carrying is from the same pickup cycle - my partners egg, same donor as both boys but me as tummy mummy. My partner couldn't carry again due to severe hyperemesis (she lost 26 kilos and had complications with her gall bladder which would mean having it out to conceive) so I agreed to carry as long as I was pregnant by my 40th birthday (she is 34). So our all our kids are bio 1/2 sibs, but this last one is kind of a mix of us both

Good luck with the ivf. I found it good to have a cut off for trying so we didn't feel completely overwhelmed by it, but not everybody would find that helpful I guess. Oh, and I had an early MC for first transfer, failed 2nd transfer and success with our last embryo with a full HRT cycle cause my body was over responding to the meds so better to have no natural cycle for me. Fingers crossed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit84 View Post
    Bella- Thank you for your reply! How did you find out you had scarring? Was it investigated because of your miscarriages? What procedure did you have to find out you had scarring? Sorry for all the questions I just feel like my clinic aren't listening! I have asked them 3 times now if scarring is possibly preventing implantation as I had no dramas after having my daughter vaginally now since having my son via section I have had 4 failed stim cycles and 1 failed FET. But clinic just keep saying no it's highly unlikely and that's the end of that! No discussion no offer of further investigation!!
    Im gearing up for a stim cycle in June but wondering if I should be having a look at scarring issue more first!
    Please feel free to ask away and I'll help the best I can. Mine is a long story. In January 2014 we decided to start ttc and went back to our FS expecting it all to be straight forward with the same drugs as with ds1 and ds2. He asked what my cycles were like and I said "horrible - really heavy and they last ages - 5 days of heavy bleeding then another 5-6 days of spotting". He suggested I have a hysteroscopy to see where the blood was coming from - he suspected a fibroid. When he got inside, there was no fibroid but he found scarring on my uterus wall (adenomyosis). He said it was so minor it should not cause an issue having another baby but it could make implantation harder.

In May I got pregnant and had a really early loss - bit like a chemical but AF was late and BT showed I was pregnant.

In July I got pregnant - held the baby properly but had a miscarriage due to trisomy 16. In this case, the baby did implant so the scarring wasn't an issue.

In December/January, it was the same as May.

FS wasn't sure if the chemicals were implantation failures or poor egg quality. In December he tested my AMH and after finding it was really low, we moved straight to ivf.

He also suggested a laparoscopy and the plan was that if we needed a second stim cycle, I was going to have a lap at EPU and do a freeze all cycle. I just didn't want this first go as I was so keen to get on with it and didn't want the wait to recover from lap before a FET.

Can I ask which clinic you are with? Sounds like after 4 stims and a fET it may be worth some investigating. Has anything else majorly changed? Are you getting good embies? (We only got 1 grade B, I've good pretty poor eggs). Hang in there, I know it's so frustrating when you can't understand exactly what's happening but from what I've seen on the boards, it is largely a game of persistence, patience and a bit of pestering when it comes to the FS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella- thank you!! I'm with QFG cairns. We usually have high quality embryos so I think that's why it's so frustrating. We do have mfi as well so I guess it could be a sperm issue too but since we didn't have too many failed cycles to have our 2 kids it just seems odd now if you know what I mean! I had my first child vaginally and then it only took 2 FET ( which we have never had success with FET so I think they just don't work for us) and then got preg on the first stim. Then I had my son by c section and since having him it's just been failed cycle after failed cycle. It's annoying me that they won't even humour me you know? They won't even consider that this could be why implantation isn't happening.

How is the Hysteroscopy done? Is it done under GA? Im wondering if I could get in and have one done in the next few weeks before my next cycle which is starting on the 5th of June.
    Thank you so much for taking the time to share your story with me xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    No worries at all. Apparently adenomyosis diagnosis can be a bit controversial. There is a great doc in adelaide who is a real guru in it - Kelton tremellen at repromed and I know he has done phone consults in the past with other hubbers so maybe worth a call/chat? I had him going on in the background whilst seeing my FS (felt like I was cheating lol but so worth getting that extra point of view/suggestions). Also has an mri - they test the junctional zone thickness and if it's too thick then implantation is likely to fail. It can be treated with long down reg. I didn't end up doing long down reg as my thickness was boarder line abnormal, it's the scarring that really gave me the diagnosis.

The hysteroscopy was under GA and it's very non invasive, they just put a camera up your you know what, took 20m but recovery was a breeze. With me they did a curette at same time - not sure if that's standard but I was allowed to ttc as soon as I got af I think, though it may have been a month wait (can't recall as ds1 broke his arm 2 days later so a bit of a blur).

The fact that you're getting good embies is fantastic and you know you can carry so I wonder if anything else can be tested easily? A friend of mine had healthy twins delivered vaginally then 3 miscarriages before her third successful baby. She had developed immune issues that were non existent with her first ivf twins only 2 years later so it is amazing how much things can change. May be worth just asking if this can be tested too if it hasn't already - I think they can test the lining during hysteroscopy.

Best of luck to you, would love to hear how you go with next appt.