+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Has any one used Dr Brian Molloy at Murdoch St John of God?

Hi all,
    Does anyone have any recent experience with Dr Molloy as their obstetrician that you could share? Ive booked my first appointment with him in 2 weeks time. After booking DH went online and there are some very mixed reviews, which scared us a little.

Just looking for some reassurances from others who have used him to deliver. I guess we'll meet him soon, but just wondering if I should try book in to meet another obstetrician just in case.

thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Keiki!

Congratulations!!

I went to Brian with my first he was born dec 2013 and I will go back to Brian when we decide to have another. Brian was excellent, always had my health and the health of my bubs as his first priority. With Brian you will either love him or not, he is straight forward doesn't mix his words and will always tell you the truth.

I found a lot of people said he was the c-sec king and that he'd push me into booking in a date, again totally not the case at all. I did end up having a c-sec but this was due to medical reasons not because he wanted to book me in to fit his schedule, we ended up checking in with him every two days before a final decision was made and I was involved in the decision it wasn't something that I was pushed into. Even after the birth he came and visited us on more than one occasion in the hospital to ensure everything was ok.

The midwives in Brian's rooms are also lovely, I had some bleeding at about 12 weeks and they were so lovely and helpful during this, as was Brian, making it a bit less stressful at the time.

I hope this helps - if you have any questions happy to help

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolly83 For This Useful Post:

Keiki  (06-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much Lolly! You've helped put my mind at ease. Straight talking is what I like and I've heard he's got a good sense of humour. I also found out from a friend today that she had been through him as well and thought highly of him. I'm not feeling as worried now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fantastic! Brian does have a a good sense of humour which I think puts you at ease as well, he also was good with the small things, like remembering my husbands name each visit - I know he had it written on my card but it's these things that make a difference especially as my husband worked away so wasn't at every appointment, and he always put my mind at ease and I never felt silly asking random questions either