+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Both my kids wore them full time from 3 months old until they asked to take them off (both at around age 2.5 when they had all their teeth). I don't know if they work, but neither of my kids ever got the red cheeks, I was never up with them teething, I never used any panadol or any other pain relief. I rarely knew when they were getting a tooth. Which seemed in contrast to my friends who used to say their baby was up screaming all night with teething.

In the photo I saw of that girl with her arm through it the necklace looked way too long for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NoteToSelf View Post
    Both my kids wore them full time from 3 months old until they asked to take them off (both at around age 2.5 when they had all their teeth). I don't know if they work, but neither of my kids ever got the red cheeks, I was never up with them teething, I never used any panadol or any other pain relief. I rarely knew when they were getting a tooth. Which seemed in contrast to my friends who used to say their baby was up screaming all night with teething.

In the photo I saw of that girl with her arm through it the necklace looked way too long for her.
    I have a kid who popped out four molars without me even noticing. He has never worn an amber necklace.
    I have friends who have used them and they still have teething problems.

It's all just a coincidence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by DarcyJ View Post
    I have a kid who popped out four molars without me even noticing. He has never worn an amber necklace.
    I have friends who have used them and they still have teething problems.

It's all just a coincidence.
    Same here! DS2 cuts teeth, including molars, without us noticing a thing. He's never had a teething necklace.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamilicious For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (05-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister used them on both her kids, so I was aware of them, and not for or against them. Didn't use one on our now toddler and he didn't have any major problems with teething, just once when the molars came out I think. Makes me think that if I had put an amber necklace on him I'd have given all the credit to the necklace.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debsch For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (06-03-2015),Gentoo  (05-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I first saw them, they appealed to me as a natural pain relief source.. Then I started researching. There is literally no scientific evidence to suggest that they are anything more than a placebo.
    And even if they were effective, you have no way of controlling or regulating whatever pain relief they would release IF they worked. I couldn't justify putting one on my child when weighing the multiple risks against the benefits (when there actually aren't any).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Em9, there may be articles which purport to show evidence of the effectiveness of these necklaces, however, if you look a little closer you'll generally find that these articles don't comply with scientific investigative methodologies.