+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Lost 30kg last year, but really struggled.

Have kept it off but want to lose another 15-25kg, finding it very difficult with DH's gluten intolerance (wasn't a factor last year), and being time poor so can't do two meals (can't batch cook on weekend because of kids' activities).

Started a new exercise regime- 15 minutes yoga, 30 minutes rowing, 15 minutes punching bag. Trying to do it at least 4 times a week... again time poor.

Have started buying more fresh fruit and veg, but as we don't have a car it's difficult to get much. Delivery is so expensive!

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi ladies, just one thing to share, the older you get the harder it is to loose weight. your metabolism and your hormones, and your lifestyle, all change over the years, and if you have a struggle with your weight when you are in your 20s, it will get worse in your 30 and 40, and before you know it you will be nearing 60. I don't want to stress anyone, I want to encourage everyone, if you are unhappy with your health, your weight, do something about it today. begin right now, right where you are , drink more water, eat what is good for you, not what you think is good for your emotions, and get moving. it can be some simple exercises in your lounge room. do your housework in less time, walk more. you are worth it, you are a special person, and your children need a healthy mum. lots of love, marie.

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Best Things  (09-03-2015),DreamyMummy  (09-03-2015),DT75  (09-03-2015),hwaterhouse  (25-03-2015),Kcspack  (09-03-2015),KitiK  (09-03-2015),michellead  (13-05-2015),New Hope  (09-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    hi ladies, just one thing to share, the older you get the harder it is to loose weight. your metabolism and your hormones, and your lifestyle, all change over the years, and if you have a struggle with your weight when you are in your 20s, it will get worse in your 30 and 40, and before you know it you will be nearing 60. I don't want to stress anyone, I want to encourage everyone, if you are unhappy with your health, your weight, do something about it today. begin right now, right where you are , drink more water, eat what is good for you, not what you think is good for your emotions, and get moving. it can be some simple exercises in your lounge room. do your housework in less time, walk more. you are worth it, you are a special person, and your children need a healthy mum. lots of love, marie.
    So true SuperGranny, my weight use to fall off me in my 20s but now getting close to 40, has been harder to shift. I suppose I spent my 20s doing things for myself and aerobics comps whereas now I spent all my time doing things for my sons. I don't have too much weight to lose as I am happy with the way I look but I want to be healthier for my boys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    1kg loss this week after upping my activity!

Anyone looking for a low cal snack, my fav is air popped popcorn or celery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    I've had weight struggles since I was born... mum and her awful eating habits.
    It was a huge struggle to get a healthy view on food, in my head.
    Then another struggle to control portion sizes (but I did it)- Now it's hard when you're sitting next to someone who eats a massive plate of food and is "still hungry".
    My biggest block is time- I just don't have it. DH does the weekend cooking, and he will cook what he feels like eating, which doesn't help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I felt super discouraged this morning as the scales had gone up a lot over night, I had no idea why! I ate quite healthy yesterday, kept track of calories and activity as I have been the past few weeks, thinking maybe it's water weight. I hope anyway .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi! I haven't been part of this thread, but would like to be if you'll have me

Some of you may have read my journal, but I've been at this weightloss thingy pretty hardcore for 7 months now, and have lost nearly 12 kg in that time, finally under that 60kg mark on the scales this morning which I'm super excited about! Hooray!

Would love to support all of you on your fitness journey's as well

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

DT75  (10-03-2015),Kcspack  (10-03-2015),SuperGranny  (11-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    Hi! I haven't been part of this thread, but would like to be if you'll have me

Some of you may have read my journal, but I've been at this weightloss thingy pretty hardcore for 7 months now, and have lost nearly 12 kg in that time, finally under that 60kg mark on the scales this morning which I'm super excited about! Hooray!

Would love to support all of you on your fitness journey's as well
    Wow 12 kg in 7 months is very good may I ask how you are doing it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I lift heavy weights, 6 days per week, split program of push/pull/legs.

I do cardio once or twice a week on a normal week, or crazy amounts in the last weeks of a challenge (like now, haha)

I track every single thing I eat on my fitness pal, and not just calories, but proteins/fats/carbs and stick to a set amount of each that my coach has set for me

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

Kcspack  (10-03-2015)

BH-KatiesMum is online now Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Caz. Great work

Well - I havent managed the excercise part so well yet - but the food part has been doing better. No junk, better diet ... all good

Now just to get back on my bike