+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week

Default the "Bring Sexy Back" inspired weightloss and healthy living thread

Double post.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default the "Bring Sexy Back" inspired weightloss and healthy living thread

I would love to join.

I am recovering from back surgery which has left me very limited on what I can do.

I have to try & lose at least 20kg by Aug.

My Goal is to walk with DS as much as I can & go to Hydrotherapy at least 2 a week. At the moment I can't walk to far but the goal is to build up the distance.
    Last edited by Kcspack; 08-03-2015 at 19:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in...I have 6-8kg to go and am finding this last bit very hard to move. I already exercise a lot so my body is used to it and everything I did is barely working. I'm finding it hard to accept a much slower rate of loss now I'm fitter and close to my goal. I think I need to actually increase my food a little and make it more regular but cut out the treats - I often under eat and then feel justified in having a treat so my metabolism is screwed even though overall calories are ok. I guess at this point to keep losing it's all in the details. Anyway I need some support to not feel disheartened at how slowly it's coming off now (500gm loss over the last 3 weeks)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyBovine View Post
    wow 53kg is an amazing effort. Well done!

If you don't mind me asking - how did you do it?
    Thank you!
    Basically I gradually cut out "bad" foods from my diet, fast food was first and then after 2 weeks of no fast food I cut out chocolate etc and added exercise in, my weight loss was mainly diet though as I am still lazy with exercise!

I found stopping one thing at a time much easier and not so much of a shock to the system.

I try to eat just whole foods now and mostly avoid refined sugar, occasionally I have rice crackers as a treat snack but haven't actually been tempted with anything worse as I am so afraid of falling back into old habits.

The biggest motivator for me was health, something I read on here from another hubber "Food is fuel, not fun" stuck with me and is something I repeat to myself often.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RobinSparkles For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (06-03-2015),HarvestMoon  (07-03-2015),Kcspack  (06-03-2015),TaylasWorld  (06-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyBovine View Post
    Thanks. That sounds like a gentler way to do it. Ideally I would like to get back to the weight I was before kids. I think I would need to lose 30kg to do that (think, because I'm too scared to weigh myself). In reality, I would be happy with 20kg.

I always think I have to transform myself overnight, last a week, relapse and struggle to motivate myself to go back. Gradually dropping foods is a brilliant idea sounds a lot more doable.
    I absolutely know how you feel, I hope it works for you!
    When you see how great you are doing and hopefully how much better you feel without one naughty thing it gets easier and easier to give up the others.

Oh and in the beginning a goal like no chocolate for a month with a reward of a new piece of clothing at the end was a great motivator ;P

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RobinSparkles For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (07-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm in!

I've decided this year is the year that I get my act together with just about everything.

I need to lose about 10 kilos, I have only really started putting in effort the last week to do that, I have gained about 9kgs in the last 9 months just from doing nothing and eating cr@p. I'm really feeling down on myself when it comes to my body.

I have started calorie counting, for me that's the only way I seem to gain some control of my eating, by seeing the numbers in front of me. I've started using my fitness pal again and I'm finding that's really helping.

I'm also aiming to do a small walk a day and if not everyday, every other day. It also helps I have a few friends jumping on the weight loss bandwagon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm in, was planning to get my act together properly this year & had started going for a daily evening walk. Doing measurements & have gone down a cm everywhere after 2wks
    Just got a bfp so got to be careful about dieting. Will aim for healthy snacks/meals & a daily walk.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am in. I lost 25kg last year and have kept it off so now it's time to tackle the last 14kg and tone up.

My aim this week is to get my eating back to what it was when I lost all the weight (i didn't diet as such I just ate less of everything - used a side plate etc.). Last time the weight came off easily - I suspect it will be harder this time.

I will make July 1st my goal!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabellabean View Post
    I am in. I lost 25kg last year and have kept it off so now it's time to tackle the last 14kg and tone up.

My aim this week is to get my eating back to what it was when I lost all the weight (i didn't diet as such I just ate less of everything - used a side plate etc.). Last time the weight came off easily - I suspect it will be harder this time.

I will make July 1st my goal!
    That is great loosing 25kg already. How did you do it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I'm in! I lost 10kgs towards the end of last year but i could still benefit from losing another 20kgs .