+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Default the "Bring Sexy Back" inspired weightloss and healthy living thread

well - in honor of our resident guru Paula (see here) ... I thought it was time I got off my tushi and got back into the groove.

I still have about 5-8kg to lose to be at my goal weight. My goal isnt super-thin red-carpet style gorgeous, just what I would like to be to feel great about myself and be healthy.

I have slowly snuck back into the habit of snacking on the odd chocolate or cake ... and I need to remember to have a smoothy or healthier snack.

And I need to get back into riding my bike which has reduced a bit over the last while (well, long while I guess now).

So

This thread is for anyone who wants to join to set some goals, and support each other, give advice and encouragement.

I am going to get to my goal !!!!

I have until November (sisters wedding, for which I have bought the worlds most gorgeous dress for) to acheive my goal.

Who is with me?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (08-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Me.... I know I need to loose weight, but I have no motivation.

So maybe joining others some of their motivation will rub off on me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm willing to join a support thread!

Still have about 12.5kg to go to get rid of all the jiggly bits even though I'm finally back in my BMI.

It's a slow process with PCOS. I find I can't have 'treats' along the way or otherwise I get a craving for it. Whereas at the moment I'm more 'meh' about those sorts of things.

Need about 7 more meal ideas too for my monthly menu planner... (low gi, lots of veg or salad and protein). I find having variety keeps things easy to stick to and not get bored.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (08-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me!! I would like to drop 8-10 kilo by the end of August.

Any advice on meals and meal planning would be great, DH is mostly away at work so it's me and 2 dd's (18months & 3yrs). I'd really like to cut right back on sugar in our diet.

I WILL start exercising tomorrow!!

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    ok - so first up

- no buying treats. My biggest time for having junk is afternoon and evening. Those bickies with my cuppa or chocolate after dinner. If I dont have any in the house, I cant eat them.

- goal of at least 1 bike ride per week. even if its a short one (though usually once I get going I do a decent enough ride - its just the motivation to get going)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am willing to join this support thread. I would like to lose 6kgs to get me down to my pre wedding weight but would love to lose about 10kgs. I really need to move more as after having my son, I had a stroke. So I now sitting around doesn't help our bodies at all. I need to move more!

Yesterday, I started my day with an hour and a half walk with the pram after school drop off and today I have been for an hour walk already.

I really need to get rid of all tempting treats in my house as well! On a whole, I eat really well, lots of fresh fruit and veg and about 3litres of water a day.

SuperGranny is online now Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I will join too. I have found a gym that I feel at home with. there is always a support person there, to coach, and direct, and ladies my age, no competition, or loud music. I have lost nearly 4kgs, in two months, and I have been so happy to go there every morning. marie.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Best Things  (06-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I'm in! I'm pregnant so not allowed to diet but I am trying hard to manage my eating a bit more. My current goals are:
    1. No Dessert (I've succeeded 4 out of 5 days this week)
    2. Swim laps at the pool (I'm trying to swim above my current 1km, maybe get to 1.5 or 2)
    3. Eat fruit and veg for snacks (instead of bread and honey)
    4. More home cooked meals..(a bit average this week, already had takeaway twice for dinner)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    I'm in. I want to lose 7kg and tone up. I find if I avoid bad foods completely I am less likely to crave them. I cannot treat myself because then I go a little wild and eat everything available.

Good luck ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would love to join.
    I have lost 53kg since March last year and I have 8 more to go until I reach my ultimate goal weight, these are of course seeming like the hardest to lose

My current goal is a walk on the beach (soft sand!) every day, I have only been twice this week so far so not doing particularly well!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RobinSparkles For This Useful Post:

Kcspack  (08-03-2015)