+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Any bleeding during pregnancy success stories out there??

Ok so I'm now 7wks along. I've been bleeding for just over a week now. Enough to wear a pad. It's like light watery blood with no clots. No cramping. Not enough to bleed overnight. My hcg levels are still rising normally. My pregnancy symptoms are still present & getting stronger (nausea, tired, dizziness). My ultrasound at 6w revealed a sac, measuring 5w, so I'm 1 week behind in dates. It also revealed a hematoma/hemorrhage sitting right next to the sac, which is the apparent cause of my bleeding. See pic attached. It's kind of a relief, but at the same time I feel like I could miscarriage at any moment. So were nervously waiting.

I'm back to get another ultrasound next week, which hopefully we see a heartbeat. If not, it's likely this isn't a viable pregnancy fingers crossed.

I'm wondering if anyone else has been through something similar to this & has a positive story they could share?

How long did you bleed for?
    When did the hemorrhage clear up?
    Did you have any other issues as a result?

I know that it is possible, but at the moment I find it unbelievably weird that I could be pregnant & bleeding so much for so long! It does my head in! I can totally see how some women out there do not realise they are pregnant!
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasim2 View Post
    I had bleeding in both my pregnancies especially more so for my first.
    Thanks, but any more info you could share please?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Questions are in my op

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any bleeding during pregnancy success stories out there??

Sorry to hear you are going through this...I know how stressful it is.

I didn't have a haemorrhage seen on scans but bled until about 12/13 weeks. Everything from a tiny amount of brown spotting to heavy red bleeds that soaked through my clothes. No issues resulted from the bleeds. No one could tell me why it happened. It mostly occurred when walking so I rested a lot. Not fun!

Bub was always fine though and delivered at 38 weeks good luck, I hope it clears up for you and you are able to start enjoying your pregnancy.
    Last edited by Patience86; 05-03-2015 at 17:55.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Patience86 For This Useful Post:

Snooze  (05-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had bled quite a bit with my last pregnancy I had a haematoma. I had to take a couple of weeks off work.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I bled on and off during pregnancy up until 16 weeks.
    It was never heavy or had accompanying cramps.
    There was no particular diagnosis as to why. But the Dr could identify where it originated from.
    My bub is nearly 6 months old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bled too and have a healthy ds. You could try acupuncture, it settled my bleeding but make sure you see someone who specializes in fertility and pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In my first pregnancy I had my first bleed at 7 weeks. I bled on and off up to 32 weeks. Bubs was fine after each bleed. I delivered a perfectly healthy bub at 38 weeks. There was nothing there to explain the bleeds. I was hospitalised on several occasions and didnt do much apart from take it very easy the entire pregnancy.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and try to rest as much as possible

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    OP, I remember feeling absolutely wretched with worry when I first bled and especially knowing that the pregnancy wouldn't be seen as 'viable' until after 20 weeks.

I bled on and off throughout my third pregnancy and especially before the 20 week mark. It was always fresh, red blood and with no cramping etc, but enough to always need to wear a pad. The Doctors weren't really conclusive as to what caused it, but at the time I was always told not to lift anything heavy and to rest as much as possible, which to be honest never really happened as I had two toddlers to also take care of. They did give me a couple of extra scans to see if they could see anything untoward, but nothing was showing at that early stage.
    After lot's of worry I had DD3, the birth was absolutely amazing, until the third stage when I had a PPH and had to have my placenta manually removed under a general. I ended up having placenta accreta, so that may have been the reason for the bleeding they suspect.

All that said though, I went on to have another baby 18 months later without any bleeding or issues, in fact it was a text book birth, so please try and relax as much as possible, so many of us women have experienced bleeding in pregnancy, only to go on and have a healthy baby. All the best.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Snooze  (05-03-2015)