+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is my 13 month old getting enough sleep?!!

Hi everyone,
    As the title suggests, I'm wondering about the amount of sleep that my LO is getting.
    He will usually sleep around 10-10.5 hours at night and have about 2.5 hours of naps during the day. Most of what I've read online say that he needs around 14 hours of sleep a day. He sometimes gets 13 hours.. Usually it's more like 12-12.5.
    At the moment we are back and forth between 2 or 1 nap a day which makes it hard to keep a consistent bed time. I've found that regardless of what time he sleeps at night, he will still wake up at around 6-ish (used to be 7).
    I know all kids are different but how much sleep does yours get and how did other mummies handle the change from 2 naps to 1, particularly if your LO transitioned early?
    Thanks!

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    My 13 month old dropped to one nap a day at 11months. It was the best thing ever ! He went from 2 half hour naps a day to one 1.5-3 hr nap. Bliss!

A few weeks ago he almost stopped napping completely and was having trouble winding down so I looked into how much sleep they need at this age. Anywhere between 10-16hrs a day is normal. Luckily ds is back to his one nap a day and is more settled. It must have been a ww or teething or something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know it doesn't help you, but they vary so much!

I'd go by how bub acts, and how you're coping with the routine. If you're happy with the routine, and bub is happy/healthy/active, then I wouldn't be worried.

My daughter probably slept about 14 hours out of 24 at that age, but again...that's what worked for her, not necessarily your bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son is almost 12 months ( his 1st birthday in a few weeks) and he sleeps on average 12 hours in 24 hours. He sleeps from 7pm to 6/7am and has one nap in the day for 1 hour or sometimes and hour and a half.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Dd is 14 months and sleeps 11 hours at night generally with 1 wake up and has 1 day sleep for around 2-2.5 hours.