+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Interesting article Renn! That has reinforced my belief about a placebo effect. My two boys both teethed differently; DS1 had teeth pop up and you'd never know they'd arrived. DS2 seemed to struggle with it but maybe it wad something else? I could attribute my eldest being a good teether to the pewter motorbike on his shelf. DS2 didn't have one so logically that motorbike must have helped 😜

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    @delirium
    Here's a good explanation
    http://scienceornot.net/2012/10/30/a...ething-babies/

Some people believe they work mystically or magically, and there's really no arguing with that. Most sellers though claim that there's an actual mechanism, which is addressed really well in the above article.
    good article! I know parents who have said 'little johnny has been teething for 3 months now, and he still doesnt have a tooth through'. Many normal infant behaviours are attributed to teething. My dd used to put everything in her mouth, and i had so many people tell me that she must be teething. No, its a developmental stage. Babies chew on things. They also dribble. It doesnt mean they are teething.

the science behind amber necklaces had shown that they would have to be heated to 200°c to rrlease any pain-relieving properties. I never understood the argument that the necklace should snap under pressure, doesnt that just convert a strangulation hazard into a choking hazard? And even if it snaps, its still a long thin string that can be wrapped around the neck. I also never understood the argument that it shouldnt be too long - okay, lets just put something tight around the babies neck. If your child wears a teething necklace unsupervised, during play or sleep, please reconsider the warnings and safety of your child. It only has to happen once.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (05-03-2015)