+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Gross! Tell B they can either go halvsies in fixing their fence with you or with A.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DarcyJ View Post
    Squirting a cat with water isn't cruel really. Sure, they don't like it but it's not like it causes them any pain.
    If someone's cat got into my yard, it would most likely get killed by the dogs. But if we didn't have the dogs I'd be putting out traps and sending it to the council pound. It is illegal to allow your cat onto someone else's property, the same as it is for dogs.
    No it isnt actually. By law cats are allowed to roam wherever they please providing it isnt a public area of food preparation ie restaurants.
    It is, however, illegal to trap peoples cats and by law no pound should be accepting these cats either.

ETA this is for NSW. Each state is different.
    Last edited by MummaCat; 06-03-2015 at 22:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CompletelySavvy View Post
    No it isnt actually. By law cats are allowed to roam wherever they please providing it isnt a public area of food preparation ie restaurants.
    It is, however, illegal to trap peoples cats and by law no pound should be accepting these cats either.
    In Brisbane and Logan city council it is illegal for cats to roam. The councils provide traps and you return the cat to the pound . Same for dogs

4. The Following User Says Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

MummaCat  (06-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would also report the dogs to the council.

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Our council rangers provide cat traps (humane) to loan for feral / roaming felines.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really? What areas is this allowed? It's certainly not allowed where I live!

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to just her chameleon For This Useful Post:

MummaCat  (06-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know where you got this information from. It is illegal for your animals to enter another person's property. What rational person would expect people to just put up with random cats hanging around on their private property?

It is not illegal to trap cats on your property and take them to the pound. In fact councils will provide these traps for you if necessary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DarcyJ View Post
    I don't know where you got this information from. It is illegal for your animals to enter another person's property. What rational person would expect people to just put up with random cats hanging around on their private property?

It is not illegal to trap cats on your property and take them to the pound. In fact councils will provide these traps for you if necessary.
    The companion animals act. Section 30 for roaming,
    http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/n...98174/s30.html

And section 32 for who can lawfully seize a cat
    http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/n...98174/s32.html
    You'll notice the only time a member of the general public can sieze a cat is IF it is for the protection of any person or animal...see below
    (1) Any person may lawfully seize a cat if that action is reasonable and necessary for the protection of any person or animal (other thanvermin) from injury or death.)

You can also get this information from your local council, pound or the District Local Government.
    I got this information from my place of work which happens to be a impounding facility. Have also studied the CAA extensively through my training. So i can assure you its not BS i decided to spew forth for the sake of it.

ETA: This is for NSW.
    Last edited by MummaCat; 06-03-2015 at 22:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, this is new to me too! Your pets are supposed to be kept within the confines of your property.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

MummaCat  (06-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heplusme View Post
    Yep, this is new to me too! Your pets are supposed to be kept within the confines of your property.
    In NSW dogs definitely. Cats, nope not at all