+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well last night she slept through til 6am, very unusual to go so late and that was after 2.5 hrs of day sleep over 2 naps....so seems she'll do what she likes no rhyme or reason. Therefore today she only had one nap from 12-2. Did wake up half way through. But I got her back to sleep. Just trying to get her to bed now. Doesn't seem that tired! So wonder what time she'll wake tomorrow morning...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    Mine all transitioned to 1 day sleep around 12mths.

Our routine is roughly.
    Up at 730
    Nap midday till 230
    Bed at 730
    By the way, 7:30 morning wake up!!!?!??! So jealous. I would be very late getting out anywhere though.Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=VicPark;8119737]A lot of bubs drop to one nap by 18 months. You may need to put bub to bed a little early though during the transition.

As for the early starts... That's probably a combination of:
    1) bub getting too much day sleep (my 1 year old will wake early if he has any more than 2 hours total during the day).
    AND
    2) putting bub to bed early (9am) for the first nap. This just reinforces the early rising. Try stretching out the morning nap longer and longer. At that age if you put bub to bed at 7pm and want bub to sleep until 7am you pretty much want to aim for at least 11:30-12ish for the day nap. Yep bub may be a bit grumpy for the first week of you stretching out naps but it's a week or two worth of pain to save a lifetime of the pain of early wake ups.[/

Totally agree ☺

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Dd had the exact same routine, early rising, down early for a nap and then late afternoon nap, it was such a pain.

She's now 13 months and I know she sleeps better at night with 1 nap so over the last couple of weeks I've been transitioning her to just the one.

She would go down for a nap at 9am, so I pushed it out to 9.30am for a few days, then 10am etc. I now put her down at 11 as I find that's when she gets the best sleep, she will sleep for 2-2.5 hours and then be fine the rest of the afternoon And go to bed at 6-6.30pm and sleep through until 5.30-6am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Just remember it can take a week or so for a new routine to take effect/you to reap the benefit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well last night not as good as I hoped for as she came down with gastro so was awake for hours on end and now sleeping most of the day. Lol. Will try again when she's well!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so since Friday when she had a 24 hour bug, she's now been having one nap from around 11:30-12 for 2 hrs approx. Then asleep by 7pm. However she's waking at around 04:30!!! Worse than before. I've spent an hour or more each morning trying to get her back to sleep. She's drowsy but can only doze, not really sleep properly. So this morning it's 9am and she's asleep as just too tired to stay awake any longer. Epic fail!!