+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15

Default How do you Easter?

What does the Easter Bunny or Bilby bring at your house?

Is it the same goodies every year?

Do eggs ever get hidden in the garden or elsewhere?

Do you have a favourite brand or product you like to buy?

Considering my options this year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    We do lots of hot cross buns from the moment they show up in the shops.
    Than everyone gets a large zip lock bah with there eggs in it. The kids get a budget and they pick there main egg. Than I buy a pkt of the 20 Cadbury hunting eggs (my favourite) and a pkt or two of mini eggs (usually one Cadbury plain and one crunchie).
    We always have roast pork and vegetables or salad for lunch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How do you Easter?

My brother and I used to wake up every easter to the Humpty Dumpty chocolate egg next to our bed from 'the easter bunny' which was of course my dad. He did this up until I left home which I still think was pretty cute!

This year is my first easter with my own bubba who will only be 10 months so I don't think we will do anything except for dinner with the extended family

Thanks
    Reviews
    I usually make up a little gift pack for the kids which is from the easter bunny, and gets left in their room for them to wake up to on easter morning.

I generally put things in there like a little mug with one large-ish egg and a couple of little mini-eggs. Maybe a easter-related teddy, and some stickers/colouring book/easter-themed craft stuff and a DVD or something they can enjoy.

Then its usually hot cross buns for breakfast with a special hot choc or something in their new mug.

I think I will incorporate a easter egg hunt in the future, but thus far we haven't had a yard suitable for that!

Edited to add - I may or may not also do a little gift for DH from the easter bunny consisting of a delicious looking chocolate egg that I think he might like! I think even he loves waking up on easter morning to see what hes been left! haha
    Last edited by Dinky Doo; 04-03-2015 at 10:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well DS is 5.5 months so too young to get Easter yet but I think we will do an egg hunt just for fun (mainly for me!). Subbing too as I want to get some ideas for our own traditions

When I was a kid though we would have an easter egg hunt in the garden in the morning, followed by breakfast of boiled eggs/toast and hot cross buns, followed by some family time (usually a bushwalk/picnic or something like that). When we were very little my mum would make our easter eggs herself with moulds and put things like those baby chickens inside them. Very cute! She would also do some easter crafty things in the lead up for fun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We leave carrots and water for the bunny outside our bedroom door and then in the morning he leaves a present! ( DS birthday in October so just an excuse to buy him a present! This year will be a Hulk build a bear!) We then give each other eggs and then the family comes over for breakfast ( waffle station this year) and we go out to the yard and the kids do an egg hunt to find the eggs the easter bunny left them!

I usually buy Lindt chocolates for us and just the cheap ones for the hunt as they usually end up getting thrown out! ( DS only eats a few and I usually toss the rest)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We leave a carrot and water for the easter bunny.

The kiddies get PJs, dressing gown, slippers and a some kind of dairy free chocolate (this year we scored Moo free eggs from woolies) the kids also go on an egg hunt. We hide lots of plastics egg around the house/yard for them to find.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The Easter Bunny leaves a basket and a large egg or bunny with a crockery set, then dd1 has a little egg hunt around the house. Either Lindt or Cadbury chocolate.

Hot cross buns for breakfast and the rest of the day is pretty casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I usually buy Lindt chocolates for us and just the cheap ones for the hunt as they usually end up getting thrown out! ( DS only eats a few and I usually toss the rest)
    Just a suggestion to stop the food wastage; you could get decorated wooden on plastic eggs that the kids can 'cash in' for a prize at the end of the hunt, then you could re use the eggs every year.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (04-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I now discourage family from buying a lot of chocolate for the boys as they just don't eat much of and it gets thrown out. I ask them to buy 1 bunny of good quality chocolate and a small useful thing. Dh and I do a treasure hunt for them. This year I am buying only Lindt chocolate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    We have some chocolate eggs and some plastic ones which usually have cereal, grapes, money in.. which started because I didn't want there to be heaps of chocolate but I wanted a big hunt. The boys love it.

Eggs so far have been hidden inside mainly in plain sight but as they get older I will make it harder and we will move outside too.

I like to buy Cadbury and a new egg cup or mug for them.