+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Am I pregnant? Please help..

I'm not sure if this is the right area to post but I didn't know where else to ask.

I had unprotected sex maybe 3-5 days after my period. I then took the morning after till around two days after I had unprotected sex.

About 6 days after I took the morning after pill I experienced like a light brownish period (similar to how my period usually ends) and now still am experiencing it four days later. The past day two days I've also had some brownish discharge as well.

I've read plenty of threads that say this is a common side effect, etc but I am worried because I've taken the morning after pill before (about a year ago) and I don't think I experienced any bleeding or anything like this.

I've also experienced a little light headness and feel a but off but that could be down to stress (that happened yesterday).

My actual period isn't due for another two weeks. Should I be worried?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    From what I've read you normally ovulate 14 days before your period so you are probably only ovulating now. If you have unprotected sex before you ovulate sperm only survive about 5 days. From the sounds of things you had unprotected sex 3 weeks before your period is due so I would think it was unlikely you are pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I would think your chances are pretty low given when you had unprotected sex. I think you'll find the symptoms are from the MAP, which is a pretty full on med.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your answers! It does put my mind at ease a little.

Do you know when the bleeding should stop? And should my normal period come in 2 weeks as it should or do you think the morning after pill has stuffed up my cycle a bit

I feel like I won't stop stressing til this bleeding stops and I get my normal period

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I've never used the MAP but I have heard it can stuff with your first cycle pretty bad. So I'm unsure when your period will come, but try not to stress if this cycle is a bit weird. You should def get a positive pg test 14 days after if you are, so I suggest just for peace of mind you test in another 4-5 days just to be sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This happened to me. I had very heavy bleeding 5 days after I took the Morning After Pill for 6 days. 6 days after that, I had extremely light, almost invisible bleeding for 8 days. I only just got my period on Thursday.

The M.A.P will either reset your body clock and give you a period after a month, or it will just come in 2 weeks like planned. Mine was reset and came after a month.

The bleeding is from the hormone leaving your body.