+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Blocking people from facebook

Just wondering if I was to block certain people from Facebook, and then later un-block them, would they realise? I'm very new to Facebook and have a few people who i dont want then to know im on here yet or maybe at all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nope

Eta actually cant rule it out. Depends how smart they are really but most of the time no its not something people realise. For example it took my MIL to realise i deleted her...18 months ago.
    Last edited by MummaCat; 04-03-2015 at 03:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    They don't get a notification or anything. You just disappear from their news freed and if they click on your profile they can't see anything. Since you haven't been on FB that long I doubt they would notice your posts missing (you could just not be posting). And if you were ever caught out you could plead ignorance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You just disappear from their friends list but when you unblock them again you have to re add them as a friend (if you wish). Sometimes it gets awkward if blocked person can see half the comments on a post and can see there is someone replying but can't see who or they can guess who 😉

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WannaBMummy82 For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (04-03-2015),Maxwell's Silver Hammer  (04-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    My sil blocked me (I said my sister was the best in world and she took offence). Anyhow whenever she comments on cousins posts I can't see them. It is very noticeable. Especially when some says her name in response to her comment.
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 04-03-2015 at 10:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Why not put them on the restricted list? they stay on your friends list but they can only see your public posts, all statuses you make they can't see unless you have it public. That way you don't need to re-friend them.

I have someone I unfriended and when I refused their friend requests they blocked me lol it's weird bc we have several mutual friends and people talk to them in statuses but I can't see it. It's quite obvious.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Explora  (04-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I noticed when I was blocked by someone. People browse other people's fb pages all the time to see what's happening so if they went to look up your page, they would know for sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WannaBMummy82 View Post
    You just disappear from their friends list but when you unblock them again you have to re add them as a friend (if you wish). Sometimes it gets awkward if blocked person can see half the comments on a post and can see there is someone replying but can't see who or they can guess who 😉
    Hmm I don't think this is right? I'm sue if you block someone you stay on their list but they can't see your page, then if you unblock them it just goes back the way it was without needing to readd them as a friend?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Hmm I don't think this is right? I'm sue if you block someone you stay on their list but they can't see your page, then if you unblock them it just goes back the way it was without needing to readd them as a friend?
    That's what happens if you set someone to restricted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    I noticed when I was blocked by someone. People browse other people's fb pages all the time to see what's happening so if they went to look up your page, they would know for sure.
    Unless they thought you deleted it.