+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    That is a great effort 8 -10 kg makes such a big difference doesn't it, what worked for you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did have some ice-cream during the journey and still do now, but if you have a tablespoon of ice cream and suck on it, it does give you that same hit you are looking for without going the full splurge. How did you go in the 6 weeks challenge?.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paulaserenity For This Useful Post:

BH-bubhub  (09-03-2015),BH-KatiesMum  (07-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Things View Post
    How did you find nutritious recipes that are cheap and easy? I'm really struggling with this one.
    I find Healthy food is actually cheap, just it is time poor sometimes getting organised, fresh vegetable and I buy some frozen also and just mix it all together and experiment. A key stable of my food was mince with every vegetable chopped up in it, tin of tomatoes and some tomato paste, herbs for flavour. The other thing the kids loved was green smash, every vegetable once again, with some sweet potato and blend it right up, taste like normal potato mash but so much healthier.

What are you eating at the moment?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to paulaserenity For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (07-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    I want to know what kind of exercise regime you undertook to lose the weight.
    Hi, The exercise is a key part and it is how you train is even more important. I did 20 mins in the morning on the cross trainer and 3 gym sessions a week. Swimming was a great way to recover, I would always do freestyle some times mix it up by running in the pool, kicking etc. The kids kept me active also. I think one of the main things that helped was interval training .. walking to a light post, run to the next one, walk, run , walk, jog etc this really was so easy and I would just go back and forward.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to paulaserenity For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (07-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So has anyone else starting doing food Prep on a Sunday night? I found this to be one of the key factors in being organised ... I type this as I hear my darling husband chopping up vegetables for my mince

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    my DH does a lot of the cooking in our house - but I do all the buying, so I did manage to go to the markets today and buy a truckload of fresh fruit and veg.

What is your favourite recipe?

what would be an average daily intake for you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't cook in advance regularly, but we will cook up extra soup when we have it and freeze the leftovers. We also plan the meals around how busy we are on certain days of the week. I have almost a monthly menu done up (just a couple more ideas needed).

I'd love to feed the kids more fish though. Thinking about trying Salmon again - any good recipe ideas to make it taste good? Need to be PCOS friendly too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paulaserenity View Post
    I did have some ice-cream during the journey and still do now, but if you have a tablespoon of ice cream and suck on it, it does give you that same hit you are looking for without going the full splurge. How did you go in the 6 weeks challenge?.
    Lost about 5 kilos over the 6 weeks. Just having a week off (family birthday celebrations) and then I'm giving myself another 28 day challenge (to finish just before the Easter Holidays).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Monthly menu! wow that is impressive would love to see it for some ideas also
    My kids love salmon now! I buy the packs in the freezer section they sometimes go 1/2 prize and the tip that I have for the kids and we like it like it also is just put it in the fry pan till crispy, don't add any other oil, its natural oils will come out. Sometimes I don't cook it as much to keep the good oils in but I struggle with the texture when it isn't fully cooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    I don't cook in advance regularly, but we will cook up extra soup when we have it and freeze the leftovers. We also plan the meals around how busy we are on certain days of the week. I have almost a monthly menu done up (just a couple more ideas needed).

I'd love to feed the kids more fish though. Thinking about trying Salmon again - any good recipe ideas to make it taste good? Need to be PCOS friendly too.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to paulaserenity For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (09-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi paula
    I loved watching your story! Very inspiring! I have 15 kilos to lose. Do you calorie count? I find it so boring to calorie count but I am thinking this is really the key?!