+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing to find out the answers to the previous questions, will come back later with some of my own

Thanks
    Reviews
    F.

Thanks
    Reviews
    * Did the whole family take part with the change of diet? - It was a lifestyle change and honestly we didn't as a family eat that bad, mine was portion serves and not eating. I never cooked 2 meals just tweaked to suit the kids or myself.

* How did you handle the cravings? The first 2 weeks are the hardest with any change but when you have your mind in the right place it helps make it easier. As I say 'live a lifestyle not a diet' I still had the odd treat, otherwise you just go crazy you just know what you have you need to get rid of the next day with exercise and diet

* What would you biggest tip for persevering with the new life style be? being honest is the biggest thing, honest to yourself, honest to your family. I know a lot of woman who won't tell their husbands how much the weigh, if you can't say it, you can't change it

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to paulaserenity For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (04-03-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (07-03-2015),SuperGranny  (06-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BH-KatiesMum View Post
    so a couple of questions

- how much excercise did you do? - first thing in the morning I did 20mins on the cross trainer whilst the kids got breakfast done, this was achievable for me, being so busy it wasn't too much time out of my day. 3 days a week I went to the gym for 45mins. It it's how much you train it is how you train, making the most of what you put in is important

- how much of the weightloss is excercise v food - basically what I put in I had to make sure I burnt off more. I didn't calorie count, I was honest and used my head, when you think about it you really do know what is wrong and what is right

- what kind of food? - Mix it up, I ate a variety of food. I love my lamb now and salmon filets. Vegetable mash with sweet potato is perfect instead of using potato which I never really ate any way. Salads and experiment with colours and flavours.

- how has the weightloss impacted your life?
    - soosoososososos MUCH! I spent a few years trying everything and not really being commited, I did it in 3 months and have kept if off, actually lost a bit more than from the reveal night.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to paulaserenity For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (04-03-2015)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    you look fabulous. you look happy

I lost a few kilo's over the last 2 years. Not nearly like you, but 8-10kgs and it has made such a difference to how I feel about myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I want to know what kind of exercise regime you undertook to lose the weight.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    after reading your inspirational story, I have decided to get my act together and take that final step.

for anyone who wants to join ... or just to come and offer some encouragement and advice - come on over (here)

(but those who point and laugh while eating tim-tams ... will get an automatic perma-ban )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you still keeping up with the good food and exercise?

Sometimes if I do a '6 week challenge', for example, the first thing I do at the end of it is go to Baskin & Robbins for a large ice-cream with caramel sauce!!

Have you kept the weight off, even lost more? Still exercising the same amount?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    How did you find nutritious recipes that are cheap and easy? I'm really struggling with this one.