+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Need some motivation to shift those kilos? Our pal Paula is here to help hubbers!

Our pal Paula lost a tonne of weight recently - and she wants you to know that YOU can do it too. In fact, she wants to help you ...

BigBadBrad and I were watching the TV last year when a trailer came on for a new weightloss TV show on Channel 7 - Bringing Sexy Back. To our surprise, a friend of ours appeared on the screen.

Now Brad remembers Paula from the days when they both used to volunteer as Lifeguards on Burleigh Beach. Paula was a super-fit, hot 20-something! When Paula had kids, she started a Belly Masking Service - called Serenity Belly Masking - and she made my belly mask for my 3rd pregnancy it's currently sitting right by my desk as I type! At that time, she was still slim and vivacious.

So, what had happened to Paula and why was she on BSB??

Paula knows what it's like to be a busy mother. She knows what it is like to juggle life, work and children. She knows what it is like to put the needs of everyone else before you own. She knows what it is like to be too tired and too busy to do something good for yourself. She's knows what it is like to 'let yourself go'. But most importantly she now knows what it is like to get it back!

When Paula's kids were little, her marriage broke down and life as a single mum with two young kids became hectic. Her own wellbeing took a back seat. Paula then found love again and married Mark, but the pattern of not looking after herself was already in place. Gradually the weight piled on until the once svelte Paula was more than 100 kilos.

However, Paula has never been one to just sit back and let things happen. When the opportunity came to do something about her weight and fitness via a new Channel 7 show called Bringing Sexy Back, Paula sent off her application - and was accepted!

Paula was the most successful Bringing Sexy Back participant in the 2014 series, losing a sensational 12 kilograms in just six weeks. On the night of her reveal Paula had lost 25kg in total within the three months. Before and after pics below - not photoshopped!

PaulaBeforeAfter.jpg

So with a new partner and now four kids in tow (Paula's two and her Mark's two), how did she do it? How did she find the time to exercise and prepare meals that would help her shift the weight – and did the family eat the same food or keep with their old ways? And how can you do the same thing?

If you've got questions Paula can answer them! If you are looking for inspiration and motivation to keep going on your weightloss, fitness or health journey, we're delighted that Paula will be joining Bubhubbers here in this forum to answer questions for the next 6 weeks!)

Just post your question in here. Paula will be online at regular intervals to answer and let you know how she did it.

(She is a busy mum, so please be patient if she's not online everyday and please be respectful - any trolling will be removed by the mods).

So go for it!!
    Last edited by Mod-RaryGirl; 15-03-2015 at 09:22.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BH-bubhub For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (03-03-2015),Chooky79  (13-03-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (04-03-2015),morancrew  (03-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    This is Paula after the Show with Mark and the kids proudly displaying a belly mask that she made of her own tummy before she lost the weight. A great reminder of how far she's come - and where she's not going back to!

PaulaBellyMask.jpg

And just to illustrate how determined Paula is, this is a story we featured recently. Paula's second birth was the first (documented) time in Australia that a mother would assist in the caesarean birthing of her own child. You can read the story here: 'I birthed my own child - via c-section' [App viewers - the link will open up a new browser window within the app - no need to leave the app to view]

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BH-bubhub For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (03-03-2015),Chooky79  (13-03-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (04-03-2015)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I loved the c/s story. so wonderful

Welcome to the forum Paula

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

paulaserenity  (04-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys loved every moment of it! Next week it will actually be a year that Samantha Armytage walked into my bedroom!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to paulaserenity For This Useful Post:

Chooky79  (13-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Awesome work Paula, I have no doubt you will inspire many and I look forward to hearing all your tips!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    and .... you look fabulous !!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Need some motivation to shift those kilos? Our pal Paula is here to help hub...

Wow, you must be so proud of yourself! That is an amazing effort and you look great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    so a couple of questions

- how much excercise did you do?
    - how much of the weightloss is excercise v food

- what kind of food?

- how has the weightloss impacted your life?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (04-03-2015)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Hi Paula,

What an inspirational story! I have a few questions too!

* Did the whole family take part with the change of diet?
    * How did you handle the cravings?
    * What would you biggest tip for persevering with the new life style be?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BH-KatiesMum View Post
    so a couple of questions

- how much excercise did you do?
    - how much of the weightloss is excercise v food

- what kind of food?

- how has the weightloss impacted your life?
    I would love to know this as well