+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Yeah I would expect them to provide dinner, especially for the 4 year old! For a 1 year old I could probably get away with giving them some of mine so wouldn't mind too much at that age.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I just wanted to add, when we go to my parents for dinner they make sure there is enough meat for a full adult serving for my 13 month old ds! And make up a little plate for him too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for all the advice and replies. I know all my options here, and we keep going for dinner as the kids like going to see their nanna and poppy. Plus it's DH's parents and as much as it annoys me that they don't cater for my kids, I am not a confrontational person and I wouldn't want to be disrespectful.

I feed my kids so I know they don't go without.

I will however get DH to talk to them and ask them to cater for the kids in future if we are going to go around there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If the cooking is done while you're there, I'd have either myself or DH help out in the kitchen and make sure that there's food made for the kids as well. At MILs house, DH always helps with the food prep and so its a straightforward matter to have enough cooked/served for the kids as well as the adults.

On the 'timing' issue. We only go for weekend lunch now so that its a non issue and our dinner, bath, bed routine isn't affected too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Has your DH spoken to his parents yet @SAgirl?

We turned up randomly to DH's parents place yesterday (not our 'usual' weekend), with the kids, and MIL sent FIL out to get food for us. Made me think of this thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I find this so incredibly odd!

Children are people too, why on earth would you not serve them up dinner with everyone else? I cannot ever think of a time I have been anywhere for dinner or lunch and my kids have not been fed too, and vice versa, even pre children I would always ensure there was enough food for the kids too (and often that meant making something separate i.e. jelly and custard if I was making an elaborate rich dessert for the adults).
    Last edited by NoteToSelf; 09-03-2015 at 13:22.