+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    That's comforting to know. I left my husband 2 weeks ago it was an abusive relationship. I'm scared ill be alone forever and not be able to get out. I have a beautiful baby and love him so much. I just can't believe my life took this turn. I have a beautiful house, money etc now ill be in a tiny ugly apartment with my back against the wall financially. And my ex husband refuses to accept the fact the relationship is completely over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You'll get back out there for social and dating when the time is right. I didn't date for a while by choice and now I still get out just have to organise sitters. I do find I'm really picky now with dating though which I think is a good thing anyway.

If it makes you feel better I live in a tiny ugly unit as well. I was lucky to find my place is a very nice suburb but dirt cheap rent.

Financially things aren't easy they can be hard but I have a plan on a excel spread sheet and I live off that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    @ZoeG I am in almost exactly the same position. I left my husband 2 weeks ago and am now alone with my ds in a small house with hardly any money or belongings. I find I am so much happier though. Sure I miss my house and the financial security but I look at how my bub has blossomed with the constant love and how I already feel stronger and it makes me smile. It is so hard but we will both be better off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's amazing you're so strong. I hope I feel as strong and as positive as you soon. I find mornings really difficult.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome!
    My DD is 4 and have raised her on my own, I promise it gets easier xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's good to hear? What about the financial strain that's a major concern of mine?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    You will get stronger. I think you have come to the right place as the strength bubhub and all its members have given me is invaluable. I find the nights are the hardest for me. I am a big scaredy cat so every bump terrifies me. My coping mechanism though is to say to myself "this sucks but what would I be going through if I was still there" you and you little one are so much better off. You can be the mummy you deserve without you xh around. If he keeps harassing you, go to the police. No one has the right to take your happiness away from you! Good luck on your journey. We are all with you if you need us :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So true!!! I'm a scardy cat too but at least I have peace now my ex isn't here. Thanks for your kind words and support!!!! 😊

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ZoeG For This Useful Post:

CompareTheMeerkat  (03-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son is now 5 and I still receive single mum payment, family tax a, family tax b and I work 16 hours a week (school hours) and things are tight. You get used to living on a tight budget.

You make do with what you can and learn to shop sales. I can give you tips and tricks if you need. We have everything in expensive brands for no where near retail. I believe in investing in quality products.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work 15 hrs a week I'll have to look into what gov benefits are available. I'd deff love to know your tips 😊 I agree in investing in quality.