+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default New Single Mum

Hi I have a 6 month old baby and I have just left my husband. I find it overwhelming to think I'm going to be raising my child alone. Is anyone else in a similar situation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to the single mum Club. I've raised my son alone since birth. Organization is key and soon you'll be a well oiled machine. If you ever need to chat just PM me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really, did you find it difficult readjusting. I'm sorry I'm new to this what does PM mean?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was hard when he was a tiny baby but the older he gets the easier and we have a very strong amazing bond.

Pm is private message, if you click my name then the menu in top right corner you'll see private message option (thats on the app anyway)

Ps sometimes it's easier to be a single mum because you can channel your energy and once bub is asleep you have down time to yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Welcome to bubhub. There are plenty of single parents on here.

I am another single mum since day dot and my son is almost 8.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome I've raised my 2 year old daughter alone. You just take each day as it comes! All the best, you've come to the right place!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou is good to see other women raising children successfully by themselves

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by superbuns View Post
    It was hard when he was a tiny baby but the older he gets the easier and we have a very strong amazing bond.

Pm is private message, if you click my name then the menu in top right corner you'll see private message option (thats on the app anyway)

Ps sometimes it's easier to be a single mum because you can channel your energy and once bub is asleep you have down time to yourself.
    True did you ever feel overwhelmed and lonly?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It does get lonely sometimes for me mainly at night. So now I study distance and don't have time to get lonely.

Overwhelming when we have busy schedule but I seem to have a handle on it now.

The hardest thing for me is dating because I have 100% custody to get out the house is a huge effort.

How are you coping so far?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly I felt a million times better than being stuck in a terrible relationship that was dragging me down mentally, physically & emotionally. I didn't realise it at first - I was petrified to be a single parent. Petrified! But soon you realise how strong you are. All you have to focus on is you & your baby. It's actually a beautiful thing and the two of you will be so close. I let everything else go & just focused on the two of us. In time, everything else fell into place (resuming social life, dating etc). One day at a time, sweet