+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks heaps for all the advice, I really appreciate it. We rang the doctors office this morning & spoke to the receptionist who was going to talk to the doctor & ring us back but we still haven't heard anything yet. I decided to take the medication anyway.
    , as having high blood pressure is not worth risking. I have been getting conflicting readings all morning. I used the same arm & did one reading which was 146. Two seconds later I did it again & it was 122, so I'm thinking maybe our machine isn't accurate? It's hard to know! I don't want to tell the doctor our 'good' readings & really they're not....so confusing lol. The way he checked it in his office was manually, so I'm going by that initial reading.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had 1 reading of 150/100 when I was pregnant. I saw my Ob the next day and it was back to normal. I would be getting a professional reading done today - those machines can be very inaccurate. A nurse at the local med Centre might be able to do it for you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just ended up going in to see a GP. They did a reading & I took my blood pressure monitor too. It was fairly accurate, only 3 points out. At least we know now. I must just be weird with the vast fluctuations with numbers!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rocky27

I was told that regardless of if blood pressure is fluctuating it is still
    Dangerous for bubs as bubs is getting quick blood flow then slower so it is best to be on the meds to stablise it.

I had similar readings to you that would jump all over the place. I had extra monitoring throughout to manage but it was perfect once on meds.

Good luck

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SageS For This Useful Post:

Rocky27  (04-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Sage, that's good to know as I didn't realise. I feel more comfortable in taking the medication. I had to ring up the doctor today & give my readings over the phone to his receptionist. I was told later to definitely keep taking the medication twice day & monitoring on my blood pressure machine until our next appt Fingers crossed it levels out for us

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I've been on the medication but was after a bit more advice from those who've had trouble with their BP.

I've noticed in the last week my readings had been going up & up. I went into the doctors yesterday after feeling terrible & having a high reading at home of 164/94. Went to the doctors office & it was 160/100.

No protein in urine. Bloods taken I think for kidney function?

Anyway he gave me new BP medication to take (Adalat) on top of my other BP tablets (Presolol) & said to ring straight away if I keep getting bad headaches or if BP goes above 140.

This morning I had a reading of 133/75 but that was before taking any medication, which is the highest reading I've had first up in the morning. I was at work all day & took it again tonight which was a couple of hours after taking my second lot of medication & it was 142/88.

Anyway my question is, how long did the medication take to start working for you? I don't want to bother the doctor if the new medication takes a while to get working but at the same time don't want to leave it too late either. I'm just trying my hardest not to stress over it, as that won't help. If it doesn't lower, what else can they do? I'm only 25 weeks along & never ever thought BP would have been an issue.

Anyway, thanks for any advice, it is appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine started to work by the next day but properly by 48 hours. Hopefully you will get better readings tomorrow. If not, I would call just to check what your OB says.