+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Everyone at school is younger and childless. While mums are all much older. This sucks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meccamega View Post
    Everyone at school is younger and childless. While mums are all much older. This sucks.
    Oh you're a student? I missed that. That's great that you're studying. Good for you.

Do you live in an expensive city? Is that why it's hard to find somewhere?

It's a horrible feeling to not be comfortable in your own home but I don't see how it's going to change unless you move out.
    Last edited by yadot; 25-04-2015 at 10:25.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to yadot For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (25-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP you haven't articulated yourself very well and havnt done so throughout this whole thread. I really dont know what you want out of posting this information. Do you want us to offer advice or do you just need a safe place to vent your frustration?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (26-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Is this a vent thread? Or do you want us to help?
    Because we are trying but you're not giving us much...or replying to us.

If it's just a vent, fair enough.

ETA: @heplusme got there first

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (25-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seriously when we were having money issues i went and got a second job doing nightfill in a supermarket. Yes i was exhausted but at least we could stay in our own place. I'd rather work 60 hours a week over 2 jobs than live with my in laws. A job is a job, you don't need to be a snob about it. Get out of there as EVERYONE else has said, if you want it bad enough you can make it happen. Sounds like dh needs to get over his pride and get any job he can.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ssehl For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (26-04-2015),GrabbyCrabby  (25-04-2015),Skyler  (25-04-2015),VicPark  (25-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your husband needs to get a job now. Anywhere doing anything. Supermarkets, construction, factory work, whatever. How does a grown man go years without work? Your mother in law is probably involved because she is worried and frustrated. It would also be good for you to get out and work at least a day or two. Starting work anywhere will lead you to better jobs in the future. Once the both of you have started work you can save up for bond and move out. And if my daughter was married to a man who wasn't working for years and she stayed home complaining I would be all over that crap in 2 seconds. Your MIL is likely over the whole situation and tensions are boiling over. Cut her some slack.

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (26-04-2015),delirium  (25-04-2015),GrabbyCrabby  (25-04-2015),heplusme  (25-04-2015),monkeymama  (25-04-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (25-04-2015),Skyler  (25-04-2015),ssehl  (25-04-2015),superbuns  (25-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How old are you OP?
    I think you've out worn your welcome and it's time to let these people have their house back.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TTC7 For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (25-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im really confused......op, what do you and your dh do each day?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinkers For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (25-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    Your husband needs to get a job now. Anywhere doing anything. Supermarkets, construction, factory work, whatever. How does a grown man go years without work? Your mother in law is probably involved because she is worried and frustrated. It would also be good for you to get out and work at least a day or two. Starting work anywhere will lead you to better jobs in the future. Once the both of you have started work you can save up for bond and move out. And if my daughter was married to a man who wasn't working for years and she stayed home complaining I would be all over that crap in 2 seconds. Your MIL is likely over the whole situation and tensions are boiling over. Cut her some slack.
    Why is it up to the husband to get a job? I gather because the OP is still enrolled in study her illness doesn't qualify for disability. In which case maybe the question should be why hasn't the OP got a job over the last 2 years? Perhaps reducing the study commitments until she's able to house and support her own little family would be a good idea. The pressure of study surely can't be helping the crazy stressful environment at the moment.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

mrswhitehouse  (26-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Why is it up to the husband to get a job? I gather because the OP is still enrolled in study her illness doesn't qualify for disability. In which case maybe the question should be why hasn't the OP got a job over the last 2 years? Perhaps reducing the study commitments until she's able to house and support her own little family would be a good idea. The pressure of study surely can't be helping the crazy stressful environment at the moment.
    I come from the opinion that a man has a responsibility to provide for his family especially if he creates a child. I would have little respect for a man that didn't work for years and expected his wife to live with his parents because he can't get off his behind. I also stated that she should work maybe part time considering she is suffering from mental health issues (assuming from little information) is studying (which may lead to better employment opportunities) and has a small child.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

Lissymama  (25-04-2015),littleblue169  (26-04-2015),Skyler  (25-04-2015),TTC7  (25-04-2015)