+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    @LoveLivesHere great advice!
    having been in this situation myself I can fully appreciate the frustration. Unfortunately, with me, centrelink took the view that I was not at risk of major violence and I was able to stay with family even if the situation was not desirable. They did not care if myself and child(long story but dp and I were yet to become a serious couple even though we had a child together) were only able to stay with someone who refused to smoke outside, swore and screamed, was often irrational and did not keep the tidiest or cleanest of houses and had a violent and aggressive relative in their care. All centrelink cared about was that we had a roof over our heads. That's it. I did the couch surfing thing with a baby/toddler for about 2 years before dp and I got our act together.

People, this is a new member. Please don't scare her off. She has come here, like many of us, to vent.

As for practical advice, there are jobs out there. Maybe not highly desirable, or even slightly desirable. They may not be in the graduated field. But there are jobs. If things are really bad, there are also caravan parks you can often find accommodation at. Government housing is a good start. Put your name on the list. It can be a few years waiting list though. Salvos and other charities can often help out as well.

They have given you a roof over your head and you should be greatful but it doesn't necessarily mean it's the best solution for you.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

barefootbabe  (21-03-2015),BH-KatiesMum  (03-03-2015),CompareTheMeerkat  (19-03-2015),GrabbyCrabby  (19-03-2015),harvs  (28-03-2015),HeavenBlue  (26-04-2015),KitiK  (19-03-2015),SuperGranny  (19-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. Had my sister in law threaten to take a "list" to DHS again. Unsure how to respond? Of coarse my in laws will say and do nothing.
    Last edited by Meccamega; 17-03-2015 at 10:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tell her to go ahead n take a list if you have nothing to hide/it's lies then that will come out! Has your Dh looked for work in fields other then his chosen profession? He could supplement your income by working in a bottle-o of supermarket..... Money is money

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pmakes3 For This Useful Post:

Chooky79  (19-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had my husband argue about money problems and wouldmy help me find a resolution. My sister in law once again butted in with judgements and a slew of insults. I told her to shut up as she baits us on purpose. But then my in laws told me off and told me to apoligize.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yet shes always allowed to butt into EVERYTHING and insult us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And as for judement from my MIL. She judged me for thinking about having an abortion. Despite the fact that i had been made unemployed and got no redundancy. And was alreafy depressed. Yet was happy to judge me

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Have you actually read any of the replies that the people here have taken the time to write? You've been given some smart advice, why can't you use it?
    You need to go to Centrelink and make an appointment with a social worker. They will know what to do.
    If the situation is as dire as you say, you may qualify for emergency accommodation. From there they will look at moving you into affordable/public housing. If you and your husband are both receiving benefits, that combined would be enough to rent a place on your own.
    There are places out there and people who will help get you out.
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 19-03-2015 at 09:51.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (19-03-2015),Chooky79  (19-03-2015),delirium  (19-03-2015),DT75  (20-03-2015),Meld85  (19-03-2015),MsViking  (19-03-2015),TheGooch  (19-03-2015),waterlily  (19-03-2015),Wise Enough  (19-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You need to move out.

I have had similar issues as well. It's time to move out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Lots of people live in their own house on benefits. You need to move out. Your ILs are sending you very bitter by the sounds of it. Best to just start a new chapter and leave it all behind you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry to say this, but maybe they are trying to hint you and your husband have over stayed your welcome?

Move out.