+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good on the daughter and good on the mum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im sorry but expecting a scared teenage girl who is being sexually harassed to "walk away" seems rediculous to me.
    She wasn't supported by her teacher, why should she feel any other adult would help her after that?
    He touched her. She told him not too. He did. She told the teacher, who ignored her and he continued to do it.
    At what point is it okay to defend yourself then? When someone else decides you've adaquetly suffered enough first?
    It wasn't her first course of action, no one helped her, so she helped herselfm

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to vampstorso For This Useful Post:

AngelicHobgoblin  (03-03-2015),ExcuseMyFrench  (02-03-2015),GrabbyCrabby  (03-03-2015),HappyBovinexx  (02-03-2015),Lillynix  (02-03-2015),LoveLivesHere  (02-03-2015),PomPoms  (02-03-2015),Sookie Stackedhouse  (02-03-2015),~Marigold~  (02-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Disgusting that the teacher allowed the boy to keep pulling her bra. Shame on him for not stopping the boy.
    Good on the girl for defending herself & the Mum for supporting her. She shouldn't have had to resort to hitting him, but in the lack of appropriate action on the teacher's behalf there isn't much else under the circumstances she could have done.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Izzys Dragon For This Useful Post:

AngelicHobgoblin  (03-03-2015),KitiK  (02-03-2015),LoveLivesHere  (02-03-2015),PomPoms  (02-03-2015),~Marigold~  (02-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I would totally support my daughters hit twice in this situation. It would take everything in me not to punch the teacher who not only allowed the assult to continue but also in doing so told the girl she didn't matter. That her rights to be safe where not important. Anyone that tells a girl to just walk away is encouraging rape culture in my opinion.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

BbBbBh  (02-03-2015),HappyBovinexx  (02-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd be pretty proud of her.
    And rather impressed that a lesson her dad and Uncles had been drilling into her since she was a baby had sunk in.

Always double tap. =)

Also, i don't ever want my DD to be afraid of defending herself. Her body belongs to her. Always. There are no exceptions to this. If she's afraid she'll get in trouble from us, her parents, for exercising her rights to her own body then we have failed horribly as her parents somewhere and i'll be on my knees begging her forgiveness before i let her apologise for not defending herself.

Considering the sentence that sexual assault gets (a slap on the wrist. Oh so scary), a punch in the face is definitely better than my DD thinking she doesn't matter.

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (02-03-2015),ExcuseMyFrench  (02-03-2015),GrabbyCrabby  (03-03-2015),HappyBovinexx  (02-03-2015),Izzys Dragon  (02-03-2015),LoveLivesHere  (02-03-2015),Mod-Degrassi  (03-03-2015),~Marigold~  (02-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    But what if there's this scenario....two men in a pub or nightclub. One man gropes another inappropriately after a number of unwanted advances. Man who was being assaulted coward punches the man who assaulted him, he ends up with severe brain damage or even dies. Is that okay? According to the logic used about she was justified for punching him, then apparently that's okay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    But what if there's this scenario....two men in a pub or nightclub. One man gropes another inappropriately after a number of unwanted advances. Man who was being assaulted coward punches the man who assaulted him, he ends up with severe brain damage or even dies. Is that okay? According to the logic used about she was justified for punching him, then apparently that's okay.
    Honestly? Yes.

its time people in society WERE afraid of comitting sexual assault. It makes me furious they arent. It makes me furious that this was even something that happened to anyone. Why?

Because victims of sexual assault just don't ****ing matter. And that needs to stop.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

beebs  (02-03-2015),LoveLivesHere  (02-03-2015),ThenThereWereThree  (02-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    Then she could take it further up the hierachy, or go to the police re continued sexual harassment. As it is, they're both in the wrong... one for sexual harassment, and one for assault. Punching someone in the face twice doesn't really qualify as "reasonable force" when you have another choice.

It astounds me that people are so quick to justify violence. No wonder we have such an issue with violence in our culture.
    I agree - the teachers sound shocking and something should be done and I think the mother was justifiably upset but if it were my daughter I would be just as upset about the punching

I wonder if the boy punched the girl in the face because she maybe pulled the back of his pants everyone would still have the same opinion ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    Honestly? Yes.

its time people in society WERE afraid of comitting sexual assault. It makes me furious they arent. It makes me furious that this was even something that happened to anyone. Why?

Because victims of sexual assault just don't ****ing matter. And that needs to stop.
    I agree, I just think that it's more about what level of sexual assault was it and what level of retaliation was it. I mean if she was raped then if be happy if she killed the guy trying to get away. The key here was that she could have walked away. I know her first avenue of telling the teacher was better than her punching him straight away. I reiterate again the responsibility here however lies with the idiot teacher who allowed it to continue in the first place. The boy should also be suspended or expelled - I'm not expecting there to be no consequence for him as he did sexually assault her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I agree - the teachers sound shocking and something should be done and I think the mother was justifiably upset but if it were my daughter I would be just as upset about the punching

I wonder if the boy punched the girl in the face because she maybe pulled the back of his pants everyone would still have the same opinion ?
    Yep. I would still have the same opinion. If my DD got punched in the face for sexually assaulting the boy, i'd be apologising to the boy and taking my DD to the police myself.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

BbBbBh  (02-03-2015),LoveLivesHere  (02-03-2015)