+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would also suggest a couple of tins of baked beans, or tuna. that would be something you can eat hot or cold, and with only a fork if you stop under a tree in the middle of nowhere.. and don't forget water. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks all. I've got a couple of bottles of water in the freezer already plus some poppers too. These will help keep our food cold and give us the option of something sweet if needed. DH has planned our route depending on service stations. Our plan is to be in Goondiwindi for lunch then Dubbo for dinner/stay the night. Next day will be Dubbo to Wagga (visiting friends) then Wagga to Mildura (where we'll be for about 4 days), then onwards to Adelaide. If there's no real issues in NSW/VIC then I might get some strawberries and grapes to snack on. Easy to eat one handed and not messy/juicy. It's just DH and I til Mildura so I won't need loads of food for us at least. Once we get to Mildura we'll meet up with my folks, sister and nephew and my mum ALWAYS over compensates when traveling haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Haha yeah from my days working in the community I would always stop at a fast food restaurant to use the toilets because they're much cleaner than a servo or other public toilet. At least you know they're cleaned regularly and kept up to a good standard!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I suggest the following

A thermo for tea and coffee
    An esky to keep milk in
    Sandwiches
    Dips
    Crackers
    Fruit
    Nuts
    Sugar for drinks
    Water

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyBovine View Post
    Brisbane - Moree is doable in good time to stop for lunch, however exdh also used to refuse to stop in Moree for lunch (for reasons I can't elaborate on here).
    Hey - that's my home town you aren't elaborating on! Though if mum and dad didn't still live there, I probably wouldn't stop either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyBovine View Post
    oops sorry. I was nervous about naming towns incase a hubber lived in one. His reasons stemmed from a story on A Current Affair / Today Tonight / one of those shows about the town. Not sure how factual it was.
    That's ok. Didn't see the story, but I guess like most of those shows there is some element of truth to them and then lots of sensationalism. Saying that it doesn't have the best reputation.