+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I'd definitely try getting out for the day or half a day but you might have to do that more than once for it to work so don't get too discouraged if it doesn't have an immediate result.

My other advice is similar to PP, just keep persisting with water in your cup style of choice and buy a few of them. Give him one with his meals obviously but also give him one to hold/play with/tip on himself in the bath, when you're changing him, in the pram, on his playmat etc....wherever he is a cup should be. I used this approach with all three of my kids and had success, so hang in there!

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Did you click on the link I posted earlier???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes im going to try that method

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Yes im going to try that method
    Let us know how you go with trying it, I am yet to try it on my little one but saw it the other day on Pinterest and thought it was interesting 😃
    Good luck 😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Do you remember me telling you I had the same issue with my son, and I eventually (after trying a billion different types) found a bottle he would take? Would you like me to post them to you? We don't need them any more. They're called Playtex Drop ins. I have 2 with latex teats, and heaps of the drop in liners. Just send me a PM if you'd like to try them. They're not easy to get a hold of in Australia.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Have you tried to syringe feed him?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Sorry to digress, I noticed you take bub to swimming lessons now. That's great! How do you manage that? (Which awake time do you take him) How do you get there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Sorry to digress, I noticed you take bub to swimming lessons now. That's great! How do you manage that? (Which awake time do you take him) How do you get there?
    We take him on sunday mornings so dh is home & he drives. Dh likes to go in the pool with ds anyway so it works well. We take him first thing in the morning, before his first sleep. He's usually so zonked by the time we get home that he sleeps for 2-3 hours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    We take him on sunday mornings so dh is home & he drives. Dh likes to go in the pool with ds anyway so it works well. We take him first thing in the morning, before his first sleep. He's usually so zonked by the time we get home that he sleeps for 2-3 hours.
    Maybe you should take him every day then lol :P

You know you should really post a photo of bubba, I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to see how cute he is

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Tough love - getting baby to take a bottle/cup

In all honesty, he's probably not properly drinking and taking to a cup because he's not thirsty. I assume you still breastfeed about 3-4 times during the day? That's probably enough for him.

For the past 6 months I've had two different cups and constantly offered them to DS during the day. Sometimes he'd have a proper sip, but rarely. Most of the time he'd just chew on it and let the water dribble down his chin while he giggled. Then we went back to the states in November, the southwest where it's super dry, and he started guzzling his water even though he was having the same amount of breastfeeds a day. Now he's just turned a year and is not breastfeeding as much and is happily having big drinks out of his straw cup. He's stopped mucking around so much because he's actually thirsty now.

Just keep offering it to him, pick one type of cup that he seems to not mind and eventually he'll properly drink out of it.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 03-03-2015 at 16:47.