+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy-Bee View Post
    White down a detailed description of the event whilst it's all still fresh.

I'm not an expert but I would expect that the liability for the damage to your car will be the other woman - the reason being that she did not leave enough space between her car and your car whilst you were stationery. The liability for the rear damage to her car will be the other bloke.
    That's my understanding too. Definitely as a previous poster mentioned tell your insurance company he was trying to coerce the woman. And give them your witnesses details.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Trusty Chords  (02-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Car accident...

I work for an insurance company.

If you were already fully established in the lane when you came to a stop, it is the car at the rear's fault.
    If the lady behind had hit your car first, and then the man at the back hit her, she would be liable for the damages to your vehicle and the front of hers. He would be liable for his damages and the rear of her car.
    If he has "pushed" her into your car, he will be liable for all damages.

The insurance companies will review the damages and each party's version of events (and any witnesses) to determine liability.

The only time you may be held liable is if you had cut in front of the lady behind you. So therefore the damages would be to the right rear of your car and the left front of hers.

As your insurer can't act on your behalf because you only have TP.. Obtain a quote for repairs, call his insurance company and give them your version of events, witness details and find out where to send your repair quote.

HTH

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Nerak For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (01-03-2015),Busy-Bee  (01-03-2015),honey gold  (02-03-2015),KitiK  (01-03-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (02-03-2015),Night Owl  (01-03-2015),peanutmonkey  (02-03-2015),Qwerty  (02-03-2015),smallpotatoes  (02-03-2015),Trusty Chords  (02-03-2015),Wise Enough  (01-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think the man would have been liable for all damages. I was in a similar accident years ago where I was car no. 2 who then got pushed into a semi trailer. The man that hit me ended up being liable for everyone.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Night Owl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    His rego ctp covers medical expenses and any long term medical damage . Start a claim now incase you need more physio etc. they pay for it for you

8. The Following User Says Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been in a three car rear ender like this, I was the middle car and the rear car was liable for both my damage (it was a write off!) and the front car.
    If the person behind you was able to stop for you I doubt what you did was dangerous/reckless enough to make it your fault? Pure speculation.. Wait and see what your insurer says before seeking further advice, because everything may be ok and then you've sought (potentially costly) advice for nothing.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GM01 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    It is the rear cars fault. I was in an accident where i was the rear car and i was liable for all damages even though the guy in the front car was drunk. He was driving with no brake lights and the car behind him smashed into him pushing him into a main road and i bumped into ther rear car at about 5 kms per hour. I was liable for all damages. It sucks but my insurance covered it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxwell's Silver Hammer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    I hope you're ok.
    Make a statement to police
    Ask your neighbour who saw everything to make a statement to police.
    Inform your insurance company
    Get quotes to repair your car
    Send quotes to the guy whose fault it was. Or his insurance company.
    If you feel as though you're experiencing any psychological trauma as a result, consider making a TAC claim for some psych visits.
    TAC won't have anything to do with it as OP lives in QLD.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I can't help you with the specifics of the accident BUT when I was 12, Mum and I were rear ended while stationary waiting to turn. I ended up with bad whiplash. Similar symptoms to you (from what I can remember anyway). Sore neck, sore back, the ambos put me in a neck brace and sent me to hospital. All the X-rays etc were clear because nothing was broken. Mum came in a few hours later once the shock had worn off, as while she was talking to the police her neck started to hurt as well. I ended up having twice weekly physio for the remainder of my school life (as the school bags etc exacerbated my neck injury). We had a solicitor to ensure we got medical pay out to cover all the physio costs etc. It was definitely worthwhile. We did have to do a lot of running around though. Our choice of orthopedic surgeon, their choice of orthopedic surgeon etc. They did try to discount our claim BUT because we had all the medical reports from the hospital/GP and physio etc, both Mum and I received a pay out around $40k. I would take yourself to the GP as soon as you can. I can't believe the hospital sent you away without scans! While nothing may show, they don't know that unless they see nothing on the X-ray!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone… I am going to the dr today because the pain has worsened and I contacted a solicitor… I'm a bit bummed I'd just started lifting and running again and now I physically feel like poo and can't do either atm. I'm a super active person I spend a lot of time outdoors and I hate being inside so this sucks. Thanks for all the advice I was just worried he was going to try and claim I caused the accident to avoid the damage being completely his responsibility.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusty Chords View Post
    Thanks everyone… I am going to the dr today because the pain has worsened and I contacted a solicitor… I'm a bit bummed I'd just started lifting and running again and now I physically feel like poo and can't do either atm. I'm a super active person I spend a lot of time outdoors and I hate being inside so this sucks. Thanks for all the advice I was just worried he was going to try and claim I caused the accident to avoid the damage being completely his responsibility.
    Look after yourself hun.

I'm glad you're getting legal advice re. The injuries. My mum got a pretty hefty payout when she was seriously injured in a car accident to help cover all the ongoing treatment she needed!

All the best xx