+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Recommend me house flooring

We are thinking of re doinh our floors but I worry wood floors will scratch up or scuff easily?
    Or shiney tiles show up marks easily..
    So what do u have and either hate or love and why.. Will help a lot thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooo just found there are wood look tiles! Best of both worlds? Anyone have those? No idea how much a meter though yet so may be too luxury

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have hard wood polished floorboards and I absolutely love them. We have a 100 year old Queenslander though so any other type of flooring would be strange. It is expensive to sand and polish, we did it a couple of years ago but won't do it again until the children are much older. I'm not overly bothered by the odd scratch or imperfection though, just adds to the character.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Love our floorboards! They look amazing. The odd scuff or scratch doesn't bother me, that's just life and part of having children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In our previous property we had large porcelain tiles. I loved them and they looked great. The downfall was keeping them clean but well worth it in my eyes. The current place we own has bamboo floor boards. They arent bad, dirt doesnt show as much though I do find them slippery when wet. I prefer porcelain tiles.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I would recommend timber floating floors. They look great, are easy to care for and look better than tiles IMO.

Tiles, well the grout eventually discolours and the floor ends up looking cheap and if your child falls and hit their head.... Tiles will cause far more damage.

So I think floorboards are more kid friendly

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have wood look floating floors, but the ones that look like "real" floorboards with fake imperfections etc (not the plasticy looking cheap stuff you see around). We get a lot of compliments on our flooring - it's hard wearing, doesn't scratch and warmer than tiles in the winter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have click together floating timber floors. It's a laminate base with timber on top. We have two dogs and two rowdy kids - they don't have scratches or marks at all. If anything our tiles have taken more of a beating from dropped plates and broken grout.
    Df installed them himself, they were pretty easy to do. But he is a tradie. So that helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would not recommend floating timber floors. Full stop. If you drop a glass of water and take 1 minute too long to clean it, it starts to bubble. My dog got excited when I came home and wee'd (lol). The next day, it was terribly bubbled/warped. We just spent $10000 retiling the entire house 10 days ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by poisonapple View Post
    I would not recommend floating timber floors. Full stop. If you drop a glass of water and take 1 minute too long to clean it, it starts to bubble. My dog got excited when I came home and wee'd (lol). The next day, it was terribly bubbled/warped. We just spent $10000 retiling the entire house 10 days ago.
    Maybe it was the quality of tiles.
    We have had floating floorboards in 2 houses and never had this happen.