+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default DS won't eat veggies anymore!

So for the last 2 or 3 months DS has become quite fussy with his food. He used to eat anything u put in front of him, now he turns his nose up at pretty much everything.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get DS to eat some veggies and his fruit as well. He started eating pureed fruit again (mainly because he actually ate it, so small victory) but not nothing. I offer him veggies to chew on during dinner and they get thrown away.

He is 1, I'm not overly concerned because I'm sure he will start eating everything again soon but for now - fruit and veggies are important 😕

Does anyone have any recipes to sort of hide them but still obvious enough?

This doesn't make much sense lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What does he eat for snacks/morning /afternoon tea?

Don't stop offering fruits and veggies, hide them if you need too ( easy to grate veggies into meat balls/pastas/ omelettes etc ) but still offer them daily and eat with him, for morning tea make a big bowl fruit salad and sit down and eat it with him ( encourage him by saying how yummy they are but don't force it ) for afternoon tea cut up some veggie sticks and dips and eat them with him , always add a bowl of steamed veggies with dinner and eat them with him , fruit and veggies have to be seen as an everyday "normal" food - not something to be stressed about or made a deal about as they will pick up on it!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    He's been having rice cakes with avocado a little bit, the avocado has now been refused and he's eating rice cakes or cheese or fruit.

I will give those suggestions a go! Thank you. DP doesn't eat veggies at all. Hates them. So it's just me with the encouragement of veggies lol

I've made him savoury muffins to eat for lunches which are packed full of veggies and he's now gone off them. He has zucchini slice frozen in the freezer which was always my go to because he loved it, it ends up on the floor.

All fruits he did like.. He won't touch now.

I'm really hoping he goes back to eating everything soon! Don't really like him eating the same boring not very healthy crap each day but I don't want him to starve lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    You've probably already done this but my kids would often get back into veggies when I presented them in a different way - like offering grated carrot instead of carrot sticks, shredded raw cabbage made to be hair on a food face or alfalfa sprouts. Corn on the cob was always a winner because it's sweet.

I've found that kids seem to love things on sticks or cut into shapes - so you can slice your raw potato/sweet potato/pumpkin and then use a star cutter and roast them. You can make veggie kebabs with either raw of cooked veggies ot even just cucumber and cherry tomatoes alternated look appealing to little eyes.

The other thing that sometimes helped is moving where they eat, either having a lounge room or backyard picnic with them

Ultimately though, just keep offering all sorts of different and they'll get there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have tried different ways and as soon as he tasted them they would get thrown. But I will try the suggestion of kebabs. That sounds like it will be fun. I've tried giving him plums again for something to snack on and he spat it out. 😔 he likes plums. He loved oranges and he refused them yesterday. Does my head in lol

I've got some carrots so I might try and grate them and see if it works this time lol