+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    LOVE IT!!! I too hate the make the most of it they won't want cuddles when they're however old. So what!? They will still be around to love us even if they don't hug us!
    Please tell me when the magical age is. All six of mine love cuddles and hugs. Today in church I had d's1 (15) with his head in my lap( he has man flu) dd2 with arm around me and ds3 screaming he wants his mumma. Earlier dd3 was sitting beside me rubbing my back. When I visit dd1 we cuddle up in bed together. It is very special.

Yeah my kids love to hang off me at every given moment. Most days it super sweet but some days I just need 5 mins of no one touching me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I don't know! You'd have to ask the people who always say those things. I'm hoping it's a long time before that happens, but will accept it if it's earlier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I remember being confused when people said this to me when mine were younger because I had 3 children with severe intolerances, reflux who really never slept even when they co slept in my bed and were baby worn. Now mine are 8, 6 and 4 tbh I don't really have any real recollection of those sleepless nights even though there were many. My brain has wiped pretty much most recollection of the exhaustion with babies that screamed sometimes 6 hours straight or I had to sit with them seriously ill in hospital… This is to the point I'm like omg maybe I could have a fourth child… But then I have to forcefully remind myself apart from the cute cuddles of a newborn most of it is awful. Now my kids are this age it is seriously the best time I've ever been a parent. I get to take all 3 on my own to movies, parks, beaches whatever and we actually have a way decent time. I think I more think they should say "Hey hang in there there is light at the end of the tunnel where you won't even remember this sh** because you're having such a rad time… Just don't go back once you're free…"

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will never ever miss co-sleeping. I want my bed and my nights (and my sanity) back.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I cant access the article. but going from the replies., I guess it is about not stressing the cr@p and enjoying the good times. I sure had my hands full when I had small babies, read my signature. I had three babies under two, and then four under 6 . I also had a husband whose work took him away for random jobs, minimum 3 weeks , up to 6 wks away. now I have adult children, and beautiful grandchildren, and we all love spending time together. it is great now, and I have to think back to the hard times. sometimes, I think , wow, how did I manage it all. but I think the secret is, one day at a time, don't spend your time worrying about next week or next month, just get through today. hugs marie.