+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Wool covers

Hi all!

So we've been using flats & PUL covers with our step daughter and they've been working well but I'm not 100% sold on them, especially if I had to use them full time.

Have a new bub arriving September & really keen to try wool covers. I'm definite about Disana wool pull ons for overnights - but I'm struggling to find some trimmer, snap-on nappies for daytime.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Or can even list brands that sell in Australia for me to look at? So far I've seen:

Disana boiled wool velcro covers (not a fan of the velcro - looking for snaps)
    Baby beehinds (pull ups only?)
    Loveybums Organic Wool covers (seem a little on the thin side & not a particularly trim fit but I might have to go for them if I can't find anything else)

I feel like I'm missing some - there's got to be more options than that? Anyone know?

As a side note I'm also looking for any Australian retail/online store that stocks unbleached organic cotton flat nappies, if anyone has seen any.

TIA!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was going to buy some from Germany for dd2, but for the life of me I cannot remember the brand! It could have been the drisana though, are they from Germany?

Thanks
    Reviews
    There was no Velcro on the ones I was looking at, they were a pull on kind... Off to google...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah they're Disana pull ons from germany... we're using them for night but don't want to use them in the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me again, found this on eBay.. ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1425120914.656117.jpg
    See how the nappy cover pulls on? When I looked at this brand 2/3 years ago, they were a natural wool cover with muslin and terry liners, much more natural... Guess they've evolved..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I remember another thing I looked at was knitted 100% wool covers, (you could knit them yourself or cut out of 100% wool cardigans or similar, or there were work from home mums knitting them on etsy) you treated the wool with lanolin to make it waterproof, then just used a terry flat nappy, pulled the nappy cover on and done. Treating the wool with the lanolin makes it waterproof, the terry flats absorb the moisture, treated wool makes the wee stay inside so you can carry baby without the feeling of damp.. Just throwing some ideas at you.. You may have considered these already..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks As I said, I'm already planning on using flats & wool pull ons for night time & naps. They're not practical for day use IMO and as such I'm looking for something wool that has snaps. There are lots of amazing products but most are only stocked in America and shipping is very expensive, so I'm just trying to sus out what's actually available on the Australian market as there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of choice.