+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Is she ready for toilet train?

DD is almost 2.5 and has shown some interest in toilets for the past month. She would watch DS when he goes to toilet and has asked to sit on the toilet a few times for fun.
    So I thought she's ready. I put her in there and the first time she done a wee and she was so proud of herself! But since then she would do a wee and poop as soon as she hops off the toilet even though she's been sitting on there for a good 10 min every 10 min! She always tells me after she's done a wee or pop in her undies. She doesn't seem to be shocked or surprised when she does it in her undies. She changed her undies at least 10 times today!
    I remember when I trained my boy he only ever peed in his undies once and was totally shocked when it happened.
    I am beginning to think perhaps she's not ready yet!
    Should I give up and try again in a few months?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Following....my boy is nearly 3 and has just started to want to sit on his toilet. He knows what goes on in the toilet but won't do anything.
    I wouldn't mind info also. I just wish he got up one day and that was it.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd keep at it. My DD is the same age and we've been tting for around a month. Just this past week she's started using the big toilet and is out of day nappies now. But we STILL have accidents and she tends to hold on until she can't stand it anymore and then bolts to the toilet! I'll ask her repeatedly if she needs to go to the toilet (it's obvious when she does, she dances from foot to foot, lol) and she'll scream "noooo!" so I just leave her be and keep reminding her and eventually she goes.
    They are funny little things, some days she loves the toilet and will ask all day long to use it, even when she doesn't have to go, others she avoids it until she's busting.
    Just keep preserving. It sounds like she's ready. I don't think you should really pull back and wait for her to suddenly embrace it willingly, I think constant encouragement and practice does the trick. Expect reluctance and accidents and keep going.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you think I should buy undies or just keep in nappies?

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    Do you think I should buy undies or just keep in nappies?
    I bought DD undies and that in itself is something that helps involve and encourage them as most littlies love the novelty of wearing "big girl/boy pants". Also I think keeping them in a nappy gives them that security, whereas with undies they are more aware and obviously feel when they have an accident.
    I was just telling a friend that the whole toilet training thing is the worst parenting experience, in regards to milestones.. it really is stressful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I bought DD undies and that in itself is something that helps involve and encourage them as most littlies love the novelty of wearing "big girl/boy pants". Also I think keeping them in a nappy gives them that security, whereas with undies they are more aware and obviously feel when they have an accident.
    I was just telling a friend that the whole toilet training thing is the worst parenting experience, in regards to milestones.. it really is stressful.
    I totally agree about the milestone and teething.....don't like those 2. Oh and labour. Ha Ha

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nafsika For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (28-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It is easier to poop/wee when you are relaxed - she might not be relaxed enough on the toilet (eg too stressed trying to do it) and then when off feels relaxed and does it. Personally I would wait a bit longer. Unless you are happy to keep persisting.