+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It was no good at helping my nausea. I had to take zofran.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hated it. Not only did it not help my nausea, it made me anxious and edgy, and I was really restless. I had to shift position every minute or so and couldn't relax. I also was extremely tired. Felt a million times better when I went on Zofran.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsA2B View Post
    I hated it. Not only did it not help my nausea, it made me anxious and edgy, and I was really restless. I had to shift position every minute or so and couldn't relax. I also was extremely tired. Felt a million times better when I went on Zofran.
    Same, it made me so fidgety. It was like I had restless leg syndrome over my whole body. Awful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I tried to pull a cannula out once after receiving it Iv, it was awful, made me so anxious and Figetty I couldn't sit still I was desperate to get away from the hospital but for no apparent reason. I had tablets when I had a 2 week cluster headache while 28 weeks pg as the panadiene forte made me sick, I was still sick, leaked a lot of milk but didn't get crazy thankfully

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It worked well for me during early pregnancy, nausea passed within half an hour and no side effects that I can remember. In saying that though I didn't have severe morning sickness.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've tried it both pregnancies...
    1st - it helped for a while, then had no noticeable effect as the nausea got worse. Ended up on ondansetron (zofran) for 16 weeks.
    2nd - tried it, had no effect. Ended up taking ondansetron for a few weeks.
    No side effects either time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrifty Mama View Post
    Hi there! I am expecting bub #4 in Late October and I am already getting nausea (started at 4 weeks) my Dr has prescribed me Maxalon but I am wary of taking it as I seem to get every side effect known to man with medications and Maxalon has some doozies listed. I hear it doesn't even take away the nausea for some people.
    Are you taking it? Do you have any experiences using it for morning sickness? I would love some feedback as I have done 3 pregnancies without it so I am thinking I might skip it if it might not help and might have horrible side effects. On the other hand I don't want to suffer if most people find it is great and helpful!
    Thanks!
    Thrifty Mumma, have you talked to your prescribing doctor about your concerns? People respond differently to medications, and what may work very effectively for you with minimal, if any, side effects, may not be the case for someone else. If Maxolon (metoclopramide) does not work out for you, there are certainly other good options (such as ondansetron (Zofran) as previously mentioned).
    But please discuss it with your prescribing doctor.
    Best of luck, J (also a doctor).

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Maxalon- good, bad, ugly for you?

I will discuss it with her but I also wanted a few experiences to reflect on- actual real life can often be more relevant than the literature a Dr has on a medication they haven't taken themsleves. I have read the info sheet but wanted to know how many side effects people from the forum had actually experienced.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maxalon didn't agree with me. It helped the nausea but literally made me feel like climbing the walls. Only way I can describe it. Restless and edgy. The side effect was worse than the nausea for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm allergic to it. It put me in hospital with uncontrollable muscle spasms. My eyes were rolling back in my head, my neck kept pulling backwards and I had horrible belly pains. They said if I hadn't gone to the hospital I would have likely had a seizure. I took zofran through my pregnancy and it worked really well. To reduce the cost my dr prescribed the 8mg wafers and I just took half of one (and if it didn't work then the other half).