+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    You're one of THOSE aren't you - bet you can't wait for them to bring back regular council pick-ups again

And yes, the joke was all kinds of wrong! Ewww! But never say never, because someone WILL or has already done it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol DSS!

Unfortunately we're not game to approach anyone in this building ever, we already have AVOs against a couple of other residents for assault (which followed months of verbal abuse). That's the kind of quality tenants we're surrounded by! Sigh.
    I might ask the council though, thanks - they're already really good with getting junk quickly removed from around the building and street. We already tried real estate and strata but they really don't care about anything that goes on in this building.

Anyway, DP went and snatched back a couple of his old shirts that had his name on them but they can keep the rest. Hopefully they won't notice anything different! And we'll just be extra careful with what we throw out now.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deku View Post

Extra embarrassing TMI detail - one of the things I threw out was some old "marital aids" I found in a bedroom cupboard that hadn't been used in ages. So creepy strangers would have found those EEWWWWW!!
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_imagesYJKQY130.jpg

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (26-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow, just weird. I would simply pick up the bags that you had already binned, and walk around the block and put them in a council bin on the side of the road. I couldn't hack knowing that someone had my old stuff, that was fully intentional for the bin. If they see you and have the nerve to ask you what you are doing. Say excuse me, but if wanted to pass this rubbish on, I would have donated it to the Salvos, plus there is some rotting meat and prawns in there, which I don't not wish to have wafting in my window.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Seriously, that is so strange. And they have shamelessly added it to their junk pile? I'd feel weirdly invaded.
    Just our of curiosity, are these your neighbours?
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_images3SYKVNOD.jpg

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (26-02-2015),Mod-Degrassi  (26-02-2015)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It sounds like hoarding.
    People who hoard think/feel differently about "stuff" than most people do.
    It's complex and not easy to treat.
    It's not much help but for security sake, I wouldn't throw personal papers in a general rubbish bin. Shred them. Protects you from identity theft.
    Is there a building manager you can speak to? A collection of cr@p is also a significant fire risk in apartment buildings and needs to be sorted for everyone's protection.
    Don't even get me started on rodent activity common in hoarding situations!
    As for the marital aids, I dunno! Maybe pop some anti bacterial wipes in their letterbox next time you're walking past?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I thought that was a necessary detail in order to truly express my level of weirded-out-ness
    I'd totally prefer Cletus and Brandine as neighbours! They seem like innocent, good hearted yokels at least.

Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    Is there a building manager you can speak to? A collection of cr@p is also a significant fire risk in apartment buildings and needs to be sorted for everyone's protection.
    Don't even get me started on rodent activity common in hoarding situations!
    It's such a hazard! Even worse is that 'the pile' actually blocks off part of the corridor so if there was fire, people would struggle to get past. We're lucky that our apartment has easy access to a different exit.
    I shuddered at the rodents but I'm not too worried as we also have the equivalent of this lady living on this floor to fight against those...
    230px-Eleanor_Abernathy.png

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first thought was they must be hoarders.
    If you report them to the council they can order them to remove the junk.