+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you have older children? Are you ready to tell them there is no Santa? East bunny?

Hi all!

I'm am currently working on a short documentary on innocents telling the truth to your young ones.. if you feel its about time!

This doco is going to be sweet and cute and at the end of the day you get to keep a copy that you then can show you children when there are older. Innocents is something we loose and I know i would of personally loved to see my reaction!

I want to shoot the parent/s discussing how they are going to tell their child/children that there is no... (what you want, tooth fairy, boogieman) whatever you want. and I do encourage you to be as creative as you want in how you are going to break this horrible news! e.g getting a male figure to dress up as santa and show thats its really their dad/uncle/grandpa whoever.

I will also be filming when you are going to tell your child/children to get your child/children's exact reaction. Which will either be adorable, emotional or hilarious!

Then I will bring your child/children aside after the news has settle in for a bit and get their side of the story e.g: whether they already knew something wasn't right, they forgive you for lying..

This is going to be a very fun project! and I will only need One maybe two days to film.

If you are interest please contact me.

Vittoria Dentice
    SFS- Sydney Film School

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Hi, I'm not ready to tell my kids yet but I think it will make a great film. I just wanted to let you know that innocence isn't spelled innocents, just in case you are using it in your title and no one has pointed it out to you.
    Good luck with your film!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

octonaut  (26-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it would make a good documentary! I personally wouldn't tell my kids until they came to me and I would /do encourage them to believe for as long as I can "if you don't believe you wont receive" is what we were told as kids.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    From what I have read most kids find out through their peers and it's a gradual process of realising rather than a single moment of truth from their parents. Whilst it sounds interesting just bear in mind some children may be very upset at the news. If I told my 7 year old son that Santa or the East Bunny doesn't exist, chances are he would be devastated.

To be honest it's not something I would watch because I would expect a lot of rather distressed and sad children.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

peanuthead  (27-02-2015)