+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnab739 View Post
    Not sure if it's the gene test or not. I don't have the referral it's still at the drs office as originally when I was there she didn't say to have it done now but then called to say I should.

Going to pick it up this afternoon to check as I don't want to have to do two blood tests for him. He's only two so it's going to be traumatic enough without having to repeat it for something I could have done once.

Thank you heaps for mentioning this as I didn't know. Will postpone his test til next week if she hasn't ordered the gene test as I won't be able to see her until Tuesday now.
    They usually do the serology then if that's positive then the gene test but because it's in the family they should be able to do both at the same time, rather then making him go through 2 blood tests. Good luck hopefully the doc has put both on for u

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son was diagnosed with coeliacs just over a year ago at 2.5. Babyg4 any recipes would be great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We are exactly the same, plenty of fruit and veg but I get eaten out of home with the fruit haha.

I'll post some recipes below. I use a lot of coconut flour and oil in things, it's an easier alternative plus keeps things low carb for DD.

Banana Bread
    4 bananas
    4 eggs
    1/2 cup coconut flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/3 cup of coconut oil

Blend everything in a blender and cook in a bread tray. I usually cook at 150 degree for 30 mins then 180degrees for a further 15-30mins depending on how hard or soft you want it.
    If you want to mix it up you can add some gluten free choc chips or my girls favourite is sultanas. Just add 1/2 cup to the ingredients before cooking. This is perfect for freezing too so you can pull out when required.

Bliss balls which can also be varied depending on ingredients you have

100g dates
    100g dried apricots or just use 200g of dates instead or sultanas instead of apricots
    Handful of nuts (we've tried walnuts and hazelnuts or you can skip the nuts altogether)
    2 tablespoons cacao
    2 tablespoons coconut oil
    Desiccated coconut

Blend all the ingredients together except desiccated coconut. Once that everything's blended, roll into balls and roll in coconut.
    I haven't tried freezing these but they keep well in the fridge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Banana muffins- suitable for freezing

2 eggs
    250g nut butter (I use any of the mayver's brand in any flavour. Atm I have cacao, nuts, chia seeds. Can either find it in the gluten free section or peanut butter section)
    2 bananas
    1/2 teaspoon bicarb
    1 teaspoon vanilla ess

You can either blend everything or mash the bananas then add the other ingredients. I prefer to mash the bananas so they are a bit chunky.
    Put in cupcake tray and bake for 10-15 mins at 180 degrees.

I also have a bliss ball recipe that contains oats but I know some children react to oats, if your kiddies don't let me know and I can add it. These are my favourite by far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for sharing your recipes, they sound yum, can't wait to try them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    [QUOTE=BabyG4;8112399]We are exactly the same, plenty of fruit and veg but I get eaten out of home with the fruit haha.

I'll post some recipes below. I use a lot of coconut flour and oil in things, it's an easier alternative plus keeps things low carb for DD.

Banana Bread
    4 bananas
    4 eggs
    1/2 cup coconut flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/3 cup of coconut oil

Blend everything in a blender and cook in a bread tray. I usually cook at 150 degree for 30 mins then 180degrees for a further 15-30mins depending on how hard or soft you want it.
    If you want to mix it up you can add some gluten free choc chips or my girls favourite is sultanas. Just add 1/2 cup to the ingredients before cooking. This is perfect for freezing too so you can pull out when required.

Bliss balls which can also be varied depending on ingredients you have

100g dates
    100g dried apricots or just use 200g of dates instead or sultanas instead of apricots
    Handful of nuts (we've tried walnuts and hazelnuts or you can skip the nuts altogether)
    2 tablespoons cacao
    2 tablespoons coconut oil
    Desiccated coconut

Blend all the ingredients together except desiccated coconut. Once that everything's blended, roll into balls and roll in coconut.
    I haven't tried freezing these but they keep well in the fridge.[/QUOTE
    I do the same for bliss balls, but I asd a quarter of a cup of sunflower seeds instead of th nuts. I love bliss balls! I usually do two cups of dates and one cup of sultanas.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (25-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son has tested positive with his blood test however we are struggling to have it confirmed as he keeps getting sick just before the endoscope. It's been delayed twice already.

We knew cause my son also complained of tummy pain at night and his tummy looked like it had been blown up like a balloon!!!

Even with these symptoms it's taken me 3 different doctors to order the blood tests and apparently his results were so high the pathology kept the results back to retest.

Would love to chat to others as it's been a bit f a shock for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is everyone going? We've done our monthly shop on the weekend so all stocked up again on all things gluten free. This month there was no wraps though so will see how we go through the month without any quesedillas. Today she's having mini quiche for lunch. I've grabbed some little tins of baked beans so hopefully she'll enjoy those too. Will have to get baking we have an abundance of eggs thanks to our chookies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Iwe are going ok for breakfast, snacks and dinner but was just wondering if I could get some ideas for gluten free lunch box lunches.

My ds will eat gluten free bread as toast but not plain (don't blame h it tastes like cardboard) I have tried gluten free quiches and gluten free pizza just cold which is ok but they take a while to prepare and I'm just looking for simple stuff.

He is a terribly picky eater and really won't eat veggies unless they are hidden so salads are not going to work.... Just at a loss....

Alternatively has anyone found a brand of bread that tastes closer to real bread?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I do a batch of gf veggie, ham and cheese slice then cut them up and freeze them, use any recipe, just swap the flour for GF, and grate the veggies so they don't notice!

Quote Originally Posted by Meld85 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Iwe are going ok for breakfast, snacks and dinner but was just wondering if I could get some ideas for gluten free lunch box lunches.

My ds will eat gluten free bread as toast but not plain (don't blame h it tastes like cardboard) I have tried gluten free quiches and gluten free pizza just cold which is ok but they take a while to prepare and I'm just looking for simple stuff.

He is a terribly picky eater and really won't eat veggies unless they are hidden so salads are not going to work.... Just at a loss....

Alternatively has anyone found a brand of bread that tastes closer to real bread?