+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default ovulating or pregnant???

]So... we had unprotected sex on valentines day. I was due to ovulate a few days afterwards and believe i did.
    But like my last pregnancy ive had symptoms very early on,which seems to tell me i must b pregnant.
    I know its too early to do a pregnancy test. I did one and it came back neg.
    My last pregancy all the preg tests came back neg till i was 6 wks pregnant. But ovulation tests told me i was pregnant early on.
    So i did an ovulation test this morn and looks positive. I cant possibly be ovulating still.
    I know i should just b patient and wait a wk till my period is late. But what do u guys think.
    I took a pic of the test but i dont know how to post it using my android app
    Last edited by Kelbel29; 24-02-2015 at 07:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here is the test
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    While ovulation tests do pick up HcG, you normally need a pretty high level to register that dark on an OPK. If you are testing neg on a hpt I would think maybe you haven't ovulated yet as you thought. Not saying you aren't pg, but if you are, you should be getting a really dark pg test to get an OPK that dark from hcg. I would think that result is from LH instead.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Just*Ace  (24-02-2015),Kelbel29  (24-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome thanks. Ive never really understood ovulation test results. They r so confusing!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yep they are lol With one of my non viable pgs I tested with an OPK, got a really dark 2nd line, then tested with a hpt and got another really dark line. My level was 200. So that gives you an idea of how high HcG has to be to give you a dark line on an OPK.

My advice is to get busy just in case

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow it def has to be really high!!!
    Thanks for the advice 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey, Im confused too! I stopped my pill and last period was 9th feb, I have been following a fertility calendar and have had sex on the fertile days. By the calendar I was fertile from 19th feb and should have ovulated on 22nd but have been feeling period pain cramps and slightly sore breasts. It's 25th feb today, am I still ovulating or is this early pregnancy. It's only been a few days? It's the first time we are trying and I can't help but get excited already! I don't want my husband thinking I'm turning into a crazy woman! Thanks x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mrsNDL...
    How exciting to be trying for the first time!!!
    Yes, i believe u can feel symptoms very early on. My first pregnancy i did and i remember doing pregnancy tests almost daily and they always came up negative and i thought what the hell is wrong with me. Im having all these symptoms but im not pregnant. Then whats wrong with me? The silly gp at the time tested me for menopause even when she got the blood test back was like hmmm your hormones r quite high. Im going to test ur thryoid gland. Lol i then told her it wud prob b cause in pregnant. So pregnancy tests only said positive for me at 4 weeks when. Im in tune with my body and i remember just everything felt off. I must of wasted so much money on pregnancy tests. I know its hard but try and wait till ur period till u test. Most gp's wont give u a blood test till ur period is late.
    When is your period due? Due u have long to wait?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for the reply, I'm due on 8th march so will have to be patient I guess! My boobs are aching, If it is ovulating pains then I never new there were all these aches and pains! Maybe my pill suppressed it. :-\
    Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have u done a pregnancy test yet mrs ndl?
    My period is late and still pregnancy tests neg but ovulation tests have been showing up 2 lines for 9 days now. Cannot possibly be ovulating for 9 days!!!
    Ill wait till my period is a full wk late before a get a blood test