+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SheWarrior View Post
    This popped up in my facebook this morning. Bravo Em Rusciano, bravo!!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...25623857496730
    I didn't watch it but I only just read this on Facebook! Completely inappropriate comment and it should not be brushed aside like it was a joke!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I felt soooooo uncomfortable watching it.
    Extremely stupid and inappropriate of him to say it and so unethical of the producers to air it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really wonder what would have been said had one of the women said something like this to him. Joel said last week he was going to stab someone in the eye with a knife.. no one batted an eyelid.
    Last edited by MrsBid; 24-02-2015 at 11:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    No one batted an eyelid because it is a seperate issue. Violence against women is an epidemic. 2 woman a week are murdered by the men they apparently love. If we ignore and joke about things like this then it is seen as normal and these women stay. I wish I could understand how people even compare the two seperate issues.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CompareTheMeerkat For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (24-02-2015),GreenMama  (24-02-2015),LoveLivesHere  (24-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh right so women can say things to men and men to other men but not men to women. gotcha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ewww. Just watched it. Maybe Merv and the producers can redeem themselves a bit by getting some education and doing something to campaign about family violence. I put more blame on the producers. Disgraceful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBid View Post
    oh right so women can say things to men and men to other men but not men to women. gotcha
    Ok I am going to consider my mood and current situation and only say I hope you never encounter a situation like Anna encountered last night and have everyone laugh it off as a joke. Also I am going to say it is people like you who dismiss violence against woman who help perpetuate the crimes of these monsters

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CompareTheMeerkat For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (24-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBid View Post
    Any form of violence (or the threat of violence) to anyone is disgusting and unacceptable.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BbBbBh For This Useful Post:

CompareTheMeerkat  (24-02-2015),LoveLivesHere  (24-02-2015),MrsBid  (24-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CompareTheMeerkat View Post
    Ok I am going to consider my mood and current situation and only say I hope you never encounter a situation like Anna encountered last night and have everyone laugh it off as a joke. Also I am going to say it is people like you who dismiss violence against woman who help perpetuate the crimes of these monsters
    Yeah I spent 8 years in an abusive relationship. Please dont assume you know.. anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BbBbBh View Post
    Any form of violence (or the threat of violence) to anyone is disgusting and unacceptable.
    I absolutely agree, so I want to know why one isn't a problem but the other is