+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Natie Nat View Post
    MeridethGrey I did look into the Gold Coast birth centre but apparently you can't have pain relief if you go through them and I really scared of doing it even with pain relief I don't think I would be strong enough to do it without!
    That's not true. You should contact the Birth Centre and ask to speak to someone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heartstrings! Do you mind if I ask where you had you bub? I will be going through Gold Coast hospital. I'm glad to hear that you weren't in pain during your labor! I will be having an epidural too but I am still scared of pain and things going wrong the unknown is very very scary!

It really helps to hear that your birth wasn't as bad as you thought it would be and that you actually wanted to go home from hospital before they kicked you out. I hope things go as well for me!

Thankyou!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive birthed 2 babies and Im still scared of giving birth, I think thats a logical thing to be honest.
    Birthing a baby is painful, its very worth it but yes it hurts,
    I was up at 2 am the morning I went into labour with my first freaking out about what I had volunteered to put myself through (then I did it a second time and if I have the opportunity may do it a third )

my second birth was a hell of a lot more painful than my first but I did it without drugs so of course it was but in the 10 minutes after birth all I could think was HOLY **** I DID THAT? ME? this little person just came OUT of me, holy crap Im like amazing <- talk about birth high or what?

I couldnt wait to get home both times, went public and was kept in for 7 days and 5 days, depending on hospital size I dont think they push you out if youre not coping, also nsw have a home visit mchn scheme for first time mums

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply MrsSS, I'm sorry to hear things didn't go all that smoothly for you!
    I realize they are not going to make me leave if there are complications but even if all goes well I imagine I will be sore and need some support, maybe I'm just overreacting but this is all very scary!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    They can't force you out the door. If they feel you need to stay an extra day then they will usually let you, however you may be at a detriment if it means you'd no longer be eligible for home visits.

You may feel like the hospital isn't being supportive by discharging people home so soon after birth but keep in mind that they would still do home visits. I personally hate staying in hospital and the earlier I can get out, the better. Staying in hospital another day wouldn't necessarily mean that you would have any more confidence or knowledge when you go home.

Please don't spend the next 25 weeks stressing over something that is out of your control. If you stress over it now, you'll stress too much in the first few days after baby is born and may be more likely struggle to cope. Just wait and see what happens when baby is born, and IF when the time comes you don't feel like you would cope going home, talk to your midwives. I often find that sometimes the information given in antenatal clinic isn't always 100% accurate in what actually happens on the wards. To the staff in clinic it's all black and white. They don't always see the grey areas that we do on the wards.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (24-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Natie Nat View Post
    Thanks for your reply MrsSS, I'm sorry to hear things didn't go all that smoothly for you!
    I realize they are not going to make me leave if there are complications but even if all goes well I imagine I will be sore and need some support, maybe I'm just overreacting but this is all very scary!
    You are not overreacting at all!!! I'm 40wks at the moment and I'm terrified of giving birth!!!!

You have every right to feel how you feel. You stand your ground my friend!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsSS For This Useful Post:

Natie Nat  (24-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Terrified of birth & being made to leave hospital before I'm ready!

I think it's really silly to be honest, I think it should be a minimum 1 night and maximum 2 nights, obviously c-sec and/or other issues would need a few days longer.
    Last edited by Mumlife86; 25-05-2015 at 07:37.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mumlife86 For This Useful Post:

Natie Nat  (24-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Delirium, I don't think its the midwives fault either, the system just sucks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 3bubbys View Post
    Exactly right, with the amount of births my public hospital book a year we have to have a strict discharge policy unfortunately. At our hospital it's 24-48 hrs for a vaginal birth and 3 nights for a c-section. With the exception of major complications of course.
    Wow 3bubbys I wish I was going to your hospital, mine have said vaginal births go home day 2 (could be as little as 6 hours after birth) and c sections go home day 3!

Very scary!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Natie Nat For This Useful Post:

3bubbys  (23-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cicho View Post
    I had DD2 in a public hosp. and was discharged ariund 48 hours later. I was told if I wasn't ready to leave they wouldn't push me.
    That's nice Cicho, I wish my hospital had that attitude!