+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearlygirl View Post
    Youtube have heaps of episodes of the UK one born every minute, I watched loads while pregnant. It gve me an idea of what I hoped my birth to be like (calm and collected).

when it came to it, I had a very good birth. Yes, its painful, but I would call it more exhausting than painful. It's like running a marathon. Its true that in between contractions there is no pain, zero. And once the baby is out the pain is no more, at all. The purpose of it is your body contracting your uterus to push your baby down and out, so once the baby is out it stops immediately (believe me!).

I had a very positive birth. I was also drug free and had 2nd degree tear requiring stitches. Honestly I'd do it again in a heartbeat. The feeling that you did that, you pushed out that baby is amazing. And once the baby is here, you are not thinking about what you just went through or how painful it was, you are staring into that tiny face and eyes that you have been waiting so so long to meet. You'll be having newborn cuddles, the first breastfeed, the first photos, and counting tiny fingers and toes and marvelling at what you have just achieved. Absolutely amazing, and so special.

I sound so sappy but I'm trying to highlight how pain doesn't need to be the focus, and you may just be surprised at how well you handle it anyway. And if it comes to it, you can have pain medication to help if you want it. No need for fear! By the last month you'll probably be over it anyway and you won't care how that baby comes out, you just want it out (I was anyway haha!).
    Thanks! I didn't even think to try youtube.

I love reading such positive inspirational replies like this one thank you, I can't even tell you how helpful this is!! It's so nice to think about the wonderful end result rather than all the scary bits in between!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by clucky_duck View Post
    Or you can YouTube all the episodes too
    Thanks Clucky_duck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just want to thank everyone again for all of the recommendations and advice! I have just finished reading Ina May's guide to childbirth and I'm just about to start reading birth skills, I have also been doing a lot of research on the Internet and already feel much better prepared and informed. I now have some idea of the sort of birth I'm hoping for and although still very scared/nervous it has definitely helped to become informed and learn about different ways that might make birth easier and also ways to help protect the health of my Bub and avoid complications.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Natie Nat For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (28-02-2015)