+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    I should be cleaning but I'm on my bed instead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I actually slept while the baby slept this morning! Should have been doing any number of jobs instead! Won't tell poor DP who is at work :-)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I have been sick for hte last few days.

Am feeling much better today, but sooooo not into doing all the things I should be

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (23-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I got up and made a coffee- i deserve this break too.

To be fair, I do have tonsillitis, and spent all weekend doing everything because DH "has a cold", so I'm exhausted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    I got up and made a coffee- i deserve this break too.

To be fair, I do have tonsillitis, and spent all weekend doing everything because DH "has a cold", so I'm exhausted.
    Yikes, hope you feel better soon!! Why are men so useless when they get sick?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    @Elijahs Mum - while I have you lol, I was thinking about food for 7mo DS earlier today and wanted to ask you a question. Will slow cooking meat 'kill' the iron? The nurse at the clinic last week was very insistent that I increase his solids and start reducing bottles as he's still having a feed approx every 3hrs during the day (sleeps through most nights). He hasn't been too interested in eating much, especially off a spoon, but he will happily play with food and shove it in his mouth to explore so I've just been letting him do that and whatever he actually swallows is a bonus.

I've been giving him mostly vegetables so far and he's had some roast chicken but the nurse was adamant he needed to start eating red meat for the iron. He's quite a gaggy baby so I thought maybe slow cooked would be good.
    Technically it will lose a bit but if your cooking a stew or soup and the lid is closed all the excess vitamins etc leak out into the water so in theory you still get all the nutrients if that makes sense!

People over stress about iron but try not to worry, hes only 7.5months - babies typically don't like the texture of red meat so these are a few other good iron sources:

Eggs - with the yolk, scrambled or boiled or egg pancake

Black strap molasses - the highest iron content of any food! Get it at the health food shop and brush it on his roast veggies or put in your soups and stocks

Spinach - spinach is better for you cooked not raw so add it to his eggs, stews, toasted sandwiches ect

Chia seeds - add to everything!

Fresh or dried herbs - put them in anything!

Mini meat balls, mini salmon cakes

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Cue  (23-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lazy today

Thank you!! I will try some slow cooked meats and I already use spinach and herbs quite a lot so I'll make some more baby-friendly things with those. I'm making lamb kofta for dinner so I might let him try some of that.

He loves roast veggies so I'll look for that black strap molasses to use

Thanks
    Reviews
    ive got a dozen things to do while my toddler naps but Im feeling so lazy lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I spent an hour in the study and finished off the reading for week 1 of Uni yay! Feel like I've achieved something so now I'm eating lunch and watching Dr Phil. I'm so housewife today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I just asked my mum to go get me a cappuccino and she is! ( technically she's at the shops anyway and lives around the corner!)