Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I really hope the treatment goes smoothly for you. Best of luck x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

emena  (25-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emena please let us know how you are going.. Hope you aren't feeling too sick with the treatment. Positive thoughts thinking of you xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pisces75 For This Useful Post:

emena  (25-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have breast cancer (diagnosed last month), and am currently having chemotherapy. I have a 19-month-old girl and a 4-year-old boy. Chemotherapy is hard.
    I am having surgery after I finish 6 months of chemotherapy, then 6 weeks of radiotherapy after the surgery.
    I, too, am interested to know how much radiotherapy knocks people about?
    And...given radiotherapy is daily, what am I going to do with the kids? I know it only takes a few minutes each day, so what do I do with them?
    My Breast Care nurse said I could probably bring them, and someone at Peter Mac would watch them for those few minutes...but it is already worrying me, and I don't start radiotherapy for months.

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

emena  (25-02-2015)

BH-KatiesMum is online now Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    best of luck

I have luekaemia - which doesnt involve surgery or radiation, but I take chemo-like drugs every day ...

As a Mum its hard going.

But you will get there.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

emena  (25-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisces75 View Post
    Emena please let us know how you are going.. Hope you aren't feeling too sick with the treatment. Positive thoughts thinking of you xx
    I am doing okay ... I ended up with an awful migraine after my first session Not the best start at all! But yesterday went well and I am all ready for today!!! I am worried about the side effects ... I guess as I getter further into it ... they will pop up. Just trying to keep positive .. and keep up with eating well to give my body the best chance at recovering from the treatment. Thanks so much for asking and ur positive thoughts How did u go with chemo? Did the side effects start straight way?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to emena For This Useful Post:

Pisces75  (25-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Dad has just finished his 6 week daily round of radio therapy and weekly chemo.... the radio was fine, no side effects until this last week when his throat has been very sore (the target area). Hopefully it doesn't last too long.
    My aunt had radiotherapy last year for breast cancer and had no side effects at all - hopefully you fall into that category!
    Wishing you all the best

12. The Following User Says Thank You to KT8 For This Useful Post:

emena  (25-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops sorry @Pisces75 I had u mixed with another person just realised u didnt have chemo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's ok! I am sorry to hear that you had a migraine- only hope the rest of your treatment goes smoothly ..I appreciate just how lucky I was to not have to have chemo or radiotherapy and I just want to say how brave all you ladies are who have to endure these treatments especially when you have kids at home . It was hard enough for me to go through surgery and the effects of that will be everyday of my life but I just get on with it , I can't imagine having to also have chemo etc... The thing that got me through (and still does) is I try to think of all the positives and not dwell on the downsides.. I also have fantastic support which I can only hope all you ladies do as well.. Much love xx

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pisces75 For This Useful Post:

emena  (25-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    I have breast cancer (diagnosed last month), and am currently having chemotherapy. I have a 19-month-old girl and a 4-year-old boy. Chemotherapy is hard.
    I am having surgery after I finish 6 months of chemotherapy, then 6 weeks of radiotherapy after the surgery.
    I, too, am interested to know how much radiotherapy knocks people about?
    And...given radiotherapy is daily, what am I going to do with the kids? I know it only takes a few minutes each day, so what do I do with them?
    My Breast Care nurse said I could probably bring them, and someone at Peter Mac would watch them for those few minutes...but it is already worrying me, and I don't start radiotherapy for months.

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Big hugs J37! Wishing you all the strength to get through chemo.

I can relate to your post so much .. when I was told I had to have radiotheraphy everyday for 7 weeks my thoughts were instantly with my kids. I have a nearly 3 & a nearly 4 year old to care for.

Luckily I have my MIL that can help me and they are already in care two days a week as I was working part-time. My centre also offers casual days so will take up an extra day here and there when available. I have also hired a babysitter just to make sure I have a plan B if things go pear shaped. I know it's hard but try not to worry about it .. just get an action plan in place for when the time comes. I think it is important to have your mind in a good place going into to treatment. I wish I was closer as I would offer to help you!!!

Another thing that might be worth asking .. at my hospital the particular machine I am on for the radiaotheraphy does late appointments one day a week. It means DH is home from work to look after the kids and I don't have to worry about them that day!!

Wishing you all the very best :-)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to emena For This Useful Post:

J37  (26-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KT8 View Post
    My Dad has just finished his 6 week daily round of radio therapy and weekly chemo.... the radio was fine, no side effects until this last week when his throat has been very sore (the target area). Hopefully it doesn't last too long.
    My aunt had radiotherapy last year for breast cancer and had no side effects at all - hopefully you fall into that category!

Wishing you all the best
    Thanks so much for your reply KT8. It really gives me hope. I am so glad that your Dad and Aunty did so well with treatment .. fingers crossed I can also avoid side effects.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to emena For This Useful Post:

KT8  (25-02-2015)