+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    OK great, thanks again.

So based on that article I'll do a sleep cue - she likes being held against my chest and back patted - so Maybe I'll do this and sing a song and then pop her in cot. If she screams, pick up and try again.... If it still doesn't work? This is where I come unstuck! It's only been about 5 days, but I either feed here or just get her up and try again later (if it's during the day). Nights have (touch wood) been good when she does finally go to sleep, she's just been having the one wake up around 2-3am which is for a feed, which is great. Praying that continues haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If she still doesn't settle I would just pick her up again and try leaving her again, and repeat until she settles.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

Gracie81  (23-02-2015),VicPark  (23-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    If you haven't already, introduce a comforter with your smell on it. One of the ones with a teddy head. Use it as a sleep cue - at every sleep regardless of whether it's in the pram/cot etc. Only let bub have it at sleep time. Comforters were instrumental in helping both my boys to self settle. It took my ds2 a week to bond with his comforter once I stopped swaddling him. Now he snuggles into it and uses it to help him to to sleep. Better that than me standing there having to pat him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ^^^ this. I forgot about my DDs comforter. It was an old swaddle wrap cut down smaller that she'd only have at nap time. It was so sweet watching her snuggle it. This was a massive help for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I do have a comforter, she's had it in her cot for about 2 weeks. I'm not sure if she's really taken to it or not.

She slept well last night, just up at 2.30 for a feed, but her morning sleep isn't really happening Tried to put her in her cot, ended up picking up and putting down 6 times. Gave up, got her up for 10 mins and tried again, she started screaming as soon as we got to her bedroom door; I ended up feeding to sleep and I'm currently nursing her. Fail!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry just reread and that sounds really whiney! It's all good, we'll get there eventually I'm sure. I remember it being like this around 7-8 weeks and I thought my world was ending then too haha!