+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 40mins and counting... Nap issues!

8 mth old sleep getting worse. With 2 school kids I need bit of flexibility and can't just hope to read tired signs and put baby into cot as I think children being late for school or failing to pick up is frowned upon 😉 so now she pretty much sleeps in her buggy in the day but gees it's doing my head in all this rocking back and forth with active bub sitting up! Our house is pigsty too as half the time her nap isn't at our home but out and about! Sigh! She's asleep now so I suppose I should do a few things!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 9 mo tends to have one big nap in the middle of the day because a) we're in and out of the house all day and b) it fits well with my toddler's nap, when he's not at kindy.
    She doesn't seem to suffer for this at all. I just make sure that she's occupied when she's awake. Do you have 2-3 hours in the middle of the days when your older kids are at school and before you pick them up when you can put her in her cot? I know this isn't best practice with regard to babies sleep at this age but after the first baby things get complicated. The trick for me is to keep her distracted and occupied in the mornings before sleep times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD had dropped to one day nap by 9 months. She was never much of a day sleeper so this was a relief for me more than anything! It must be hard with 2 older kids to work around, but maybe one nap starting late morning might work some days?? Good luck with it, it's not easy!!!