+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Summer or Winter

Which do you prefer? State your case for or against...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Winter, always winter. I hate the heat, dry, humid whatever. Anything over 25 and I start getting grouchy! I love warming up by the fire with a rug over my legs and a cup of hot chocolate and a movie. I love snow, I LOVE winter

Thanks
    Reviews
    Summer. I always find it hard to warm up in winter but easy to cool down in summer. Doesn't matter how many layers I put on, I always seem to be cold in winter. I hate that the rain prevents me from doing so much in winter. I do FDC and trying to keep 6 kids entertained all day inside is hard. I'm not a huge fan of the current heat we have been having - I like it to be about 35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Summer. Daylight savings, BBQs, swimming. Quick to get dressed in summer. Easy to find something nice to wear out in summer, but winter is near impossible (especially for weddings!).
    My mood is, on average, worse through the colder months than it is in summer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Winter. I love the rain, the warmth of snuggling up, hot drinks, winter food, winter clothes. I love winter waaaay more than summer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Summer. I suffer from the winter blues, badly. I am an outdoorsy, beach loving girl. I get terribly sad if I'm indoors. I love summer clothes, living in bikinis and being nice and tanned. I love summer so much. The sun makes me a happy lady. I am lucky I live on the coast, where we only get around 6 weeks of mild winter and its back to heat. I couldn't live anywhere cold. Nope, no way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't believe I am saying this, but I prefer summer. Pre-kids, winter would be my favourite by miles, but sick toddlers for months on end every year has scarred me for life. I still don't like the heat but love that we can get out of the house and no one really gets sick in summer. Lots of swimming and beach walks too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought it was just me getting the ads with Winter around the corner. With cyclone Marcia the suns been gone here since about Thursday and it's bumming me out. I don't enjoy being indoors I like being outside in the sun. I know Winter is getting close and I know I'm going to miss being in the water.

Mod-biscotti is online now Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Winter, Winter, Winter.

Boots, scarves, jackets, hot chocolates, cool afternoon walks with kids in cosy jumpers on scooters, blankets on laps, a fire, a bit of ski.

Cannot wait for June/July/August

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    If I had to choose I would choose summer, but I actually prefer the beginning of autumn and middle/end of spring where the days are still warm but the nights aren't hot.

My kids love the beach and I love that in summer we can go down to our local beach on a hot day at 9am. Our house is old and has ridiculously high ceilings and tiles throughout on the ground floor so it is absolutely freezing in winter.