+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the positive thoughts Jussi.
    I'm going crazy here, and I'm really stressed out which I know isn't good to do.
    I've been told to go for another test tomorrow but it'll only be 46hrs since the last one. And then I'll have to wait to find out the results..
    I've just gone from a complete high, right down to a low...

Thanks
    Reviews
    U could just be earlier than anticipated hun i wouldnt stress to much i had my bloods done last thursday after receiving a very faint positive home test. Went to the doctors got a negative urine test had my bloods taken and the count was only at 8... I went back in today to redo my blood work and also did a other urine test that was much darker so awaiting my bloods tomorrow. So please dont worry yourself as it may just be early

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't see how I could be earlier? My LMP was 24th January...
    I hope you get good results Mummylozzie :-) It's difficult waiting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    U may have ovulated later than expected

I hope we both get good results hun

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry forgate crashing... @sammymac i really hope you get a good outcome. I had a MC in 2010, then my first lot of bloods with my next BFP - on the same day came back at only 15. That little munchkin is going to be 4 in just a few short weeks

Im currently expecting again, and at almost a week past AF being due and 5 days of darkening First response tests, my HCG was only 68 and my GP gave me a huge speel about it being too early to be viable and i should prepare for the worst. It turns out i just have HCG at the lower end of the normal range.

I have everything crossed for you! Good luck!! And as mummylozzie said, you may have ovulated later than you thought. It can vary slightly month to month. whilst TTC my O could vary from CD14-CD22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Even though my period was due on Thurs 19th?

I don't really understand... Is it possible that implantation happened right before my period was due? Hence why only 4 days later my level tested at 11? It is the implantation which produces hcg which therefore stops the period? Or does that all work differently?

Can someone please clarify?

Geez I seem a bit stupid!

Thanks again for your input Mummylozzie and Shadowangel :-) It is really good to hear such positive stories. :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Implantation can happen up to 11-12ish days after you ovulate, though its more common around the 6-10 day mark.

Basically...

You ovulate, If you've had intercourse, and are lucky enough, the egg becomes fertilized.
    Fertilized egg then implants, which starts HCG production.
    When there's the presence of HCG, your body skips a period.

Most people only have a very small amount of HCG in their system (usually around 1 or 2) and it doubles every 48 hours in the first few weeks.

Then once you are about 6 weeks, it starts to slow down its doubling time. It will peak around 12 weeks, then slowly over the course of the pregnancy drop off

I hope this is ok to post here and doesnt breech BH rules...

http://www.baby2see.com/preconception/hcg.html

But heres a link to some Info about HCG, and a calculator where you can put in the details of your blood tests to see if its doubling within the "normal" range.

Its not actually the number that matters so much, its more how it is increasing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh good, so it looks like I got something right! So perhaps implantation occurred maybe on wednesday and hcg started at 2? Then doubled to 4 on friday, and thats why its only 11 on monday?
    That seems to make sense to me, but then why did I test positive on a FRER on Saturday?

Thanks
    Reviews
    FRER are really sensitive. I had a very clear line (well it would have been if i managed to pee on the whole stick ) with my first when it was only 15 a few hours later that day. It was my second wee of the day too which is usually slightly more diluted

11901.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is from this time. It was 5/8 i had my BT and my HCG was 68.

You cant see it well in this pic, but there is a 2nd line on each of the tests DSCF9248.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast