+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default UTI during pregnancy

Hey guys I'm 31 weeks pregnant and have had an ongoing UTI throughout my pregnancy my antibiotics barely do anything does anyone have any advice or natural remedies that worked for you ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Have you had an MSU/MCS done to test for antibiotic sensitivity? (You wee mid****** into a collection cup and it is sent off to the pathology). You need to drink a lot of water to flush your system. Cranberry juice also helps, even if you dilute it with water.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had them constantly with my 1st 3 pregnancies and antibiotics did nothing. Midwife told me to drink lots of water and cranberry juice or take cranberry tablets. Did that with my 4th pregnancy and never got one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I think they are the right antibiotics they just can't give me the strength I need while I'm pregnant. And yeah I have had a urine sample sent to a pathology for testing, and I've just Started drinking cranberry juice so hopefully that helps. Thanks for the help guys ^.^

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Are you on any other types of meds? I had a uti that antibiotics couldn't kick and it was because I was also taking an immuno-suppresent. Once I put a hold on the immuno-suppresent for about a week it finally cleared up. Obviously if this is the problem you'll need to talk it over with your doctor first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Drink ural as well. Always helps me when i feel one coming on. And yes perfectly fine during pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just on iron tablets at the moment, but I don't think they should be affecting my antibiotics. I'll give the ural a go, hopefully it helps.