+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes. I must say I miss honesty. He was also the one who told us that "our" other house was sold already about three weeks ago when I inquired after it as we were ready to make a higher offer on it, when it didn't actually sell until just the other day according to the official sold date. If only we could request which agency and agent handled the sale of another person's house! I just want honesty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We have many buyers who won't even look at houses with certain agents who are known to be dodgy - I wish the owners knew this before giving them their house but they are also the agents with the cheapest fees and some owners don't realise they may save $5000 on fees but lose potentially tens of thousands off their price with the wrong agent

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    We have many buyers who won't even look at houses with certain agents who are known to be dodgy - I wish the owners knew this before giving them their house but they are also the agents with the cheapest fees and some owners don't realise they may save $5000 on fees but lose potentially tens of thousands off their price with the wrong agent
    It has been nice getting to know some agents better in that regard. We definitely like one guy in particular, but not his boss! His boss is a bit arrogant. But we could request the guy specifically. They sell a lot of homes in our area and seem to get good prices.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still havnt got an answer about our offer.. So now we want to put an offer on something else can we do that and just tell first one we aren't interested anymore?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by slipper View Post
    Still havnt got an answer about our offer.. So now we want to put an offer on something else can we do that and just tell first one we aren't interested anymore?
    Wow - that is a long time. Has the agent said anything to you in this time? Have you rung them?

Elijah's mum would be best at answering your question I suspect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh I called him last week then he called Saturday and said the owner wants to take it to his accountant first then WILL come back with a counter offer. Which was meant to be today and nothing so we want to move on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Just leave it and don't ring them
    Back ( unless you really want it) and start negotiating on the other one - best case scenario they both accept your offers then you can choose! If you have to wait any longer and they say no the other one may be gone and you've missed out on both

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by slipper View Post
    Verbal offers aren't legally binding so you could still offer on another and withdraw your offer on the current one.

If your offer was written it depends on your State's laws. In SA you both need to have signed a contract of sale along with a form 'R1' I think it's called which starts a 48 hour cooling off period where you can change your mind for no / any reason what so ever and still not have to buy the property.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was a written offer.. So Elijahs Mum if I offer on both then both say yes how do I get out of one? I did subject to finance and due diligence on the first one so I might just say it doesnt suit anymore? Just dont want to be legally bound to two. Im in wa..

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Buying house tips

We don't have written offer forms in NSW, you just sign a contract and if the owner accepts it they notify you and then I'd exchange them - the buyer can withdraw any time prior to exchange - so Id say it should be similar in WA? They couldn't sign a contract without notifying you first? But I would ring the agent and just say " do you have an answer as we have found another home and will be withdrawing our offer " just to cover yourself!
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 16-03-2015 at 23:16.