+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck with the sale of the property and good luck in getting your new house.

I'm in Adelaide and we had a house on the market, the real estate agent totally killed our property, didn't represent the house, NOTHING! We ended up sacking them.

In the end we sold the house on our own.

Lesson here: get a couple agents to look at the property that your selling and if you can sell the house yourself.

Get a qualified builder to inspect the property that you want to purchase. (Someone who has been a builder for some time)

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I still get it wrong and I've been doing it for 25 years!

I had one last year that sold $420,000 over reserve ( $1,620,000) so we signed up a similar house down the street 4 weeks later and the highest bid was $1,250,000 so you just can't pick it!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (11-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah littleted thats what I was worried about.. But I thought they would call to say no then we could put a higher price on it.. Now im a bit sad and kicking myself I didnt just call today.
    The agent said should know in a day but its been 2..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by slipper View Post
    Ah littleted thats what I was worried about.. But I thought they would call to say no then we could put a higher price on it.. Now im a bit sad and kicking myself I didnt just call today.
    The agent said should know in a day but its been 2..
    It does truly depend on the market where you are. It may just take a few days for the owners to make a decision or if it's only been on the market for a week or so they may be waiting to see if there are any other offers.

The market turns over very quickly here and the homes are selling by themselves. If there is a lot of competition for homes where you are then I would be making the call to the RE agents yourself just in case. We didn't realise that they didn't have to get back to you until Elijah'sMum told us this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. Dh just called him he couldn't take it any longer even though it was 7pm!!
    He said the owner wanted more money but is still thinking about our offer and wanted to know if we could offer more.. So agent will call owner again tomorrow and see what his decision is.. Im not so hopefull anymore

7. The Following User Says Thank You to slipper For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (11-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is hard to stay hopeful. I'd like a dollar for every time I look up the house websites to see if anything promising has come on or if they've dropped the price on anything that might interest us. I'm feeling rather bleurgh about it in particular this week. (ed.)

Was reading another article today about thoughts on neutral gearing to try and slow down the house prices and hence the amounts that people are borrowing. Some are suggesting to only make existing homes neutrally-geared and new homes being able to be negatively geared. I think they've been talking about doing something for so long that it's not believable that anything will be done. House prices here are going up at a rate which is faster than what we are saving, (in the last 12months local house prices went up about 8% and we only saved the equivalent of 4%) hence we are losing money the whole time that we can't find a house and have already increased the amount that we are prepared to borrow by $90k...and it still can't buy us a home.
    Last edited by Little Ted; 12-03-2015 at 06:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Buying house tips

@littleTed it's just a bad time to buy as there are just so many people wanting to buy and no stock - hang in there and hopefully something will come up soon

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (11-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes its really upsetting. We are even thinking of getting land instead as its so so hard to find the right home. If we dont get this one we are back to sqaure one and we are selling our house so will be stuffed. Fingers crossed everything just falls into place (as my mum keeps telling us!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by slipper View Post
    Yes its really upsetting. We are even thinking of getting land instead as its so so hard to find the right home. If we dont get this one we are back to sqaure one and we are selling our house so will be stuffed. Fingers crossed everything just falls into place (as my mum keeps telling us!)
    Hope you find your special place soon or that the owner of this house accepts your offer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    @littleTed it's just a bad time to buy as there are just so many people wanting to buy and no stock - hang in there and hopefully something will come up soon
    Edited for privacy.

I'm starting to get a firm grip on local RE though - learning lots.
    Last edited by Little Ted; 12-03-2015 at 06:48.