+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Subject to sale of our house is what we want but doubt this new house will do that because the house is reallllly good so doubt they will want to wait

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Again it depends where you are - in NSW there is no standard subject to finance or selling clause and no owner would agree to it so you put the 10% down and all you get is a 5 day cooling off period to work out your finance etc ( unless it's an auction property then there is no cooling off) so check the standard practice in your state - I would definitely look into bridging finance so if you do find a great house you can jump on it ( if the market is good and you are confident your own home will sell quickly) or you can ask the owners for an extended settlement period so you can sell your home ( but again you would still need finance in place just in case)
    Not true, my friends bought a house subject to theirs selling. They ended up selling theirs for slightly less to get it done in time, but it happened!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes but it's not standard practice here - especially in Sydney - no solicitor I know would recommend it and I certainly wouldn't recommend it to an owner!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have another question if I can...
    How long after putting an offer on a house will you know if its accepted? We put an offer in 2 days,ago. About 49 hours ago.. So thought we would know by now..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by slipper View Post
    I have another question if I can...
    How long after putting an offer on a house will you know if its accepted? We put an offer in 2 days,ago. About 49 hours ago.. So thought we would know by now..
    Did they give you a time frame when you submitted the offer? Was it best offers by a certain date or was yours the only offer?

If yours was the only offer, that's far too long to wait!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It depends on the owners - if there is more than one or if they are slow getting back with an answer , we usually try and get an answer in a few hours - tell the agent that you have offered on another home and could you get an answer asap

Thanks
    Reviews
    The RE Agent is under no obligation to return your phone call or give you feedback on your offer. The only obligation they have is to present your offer to the owner. You may never hear back if they are not interested in your offer.

In our market, the average sale is 3 weeks give or take. We made an offer on a house that had been sitting for six months - it was a low first offer and never heard back and they sold it to someone else two days later. FIL and DH were strongly telling me not to call to get feedback as it would be showing the agent that I was too keen.

(ed.)

I'm one frustrated little bear and the point of the story is...call the agent to get feedback or to check on the sale of a house. They aren't going to chase you.
    Last edited by Little Ted; 12-03-2015 at 06:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Too many mind games in real estate and I hate it!

There should be a rule, advertised price is the price the seller wants. If you want to pay that, sign a contract and pay it. If a vendor isn't sure what their place is really worth and don't want to short change themselves - go to auction!

You wouldn't go into Woolies and negotiate the price of milk. It costs the price on the tag, too expensive don't buy it. At least you know the cost when you see it. The same should go for houses.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (11-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That scenario is great except usually buyers always try and get the house cheaper and what happens if there is more than 1 person making the same offer?

The problem is every home is different and every buyer has different needs and wants - the property I might love you might not like as much so therefore would offer less - the price is determined by the buyer and the market can change in a day so values are never exact

I auction all our properties as I think it's the fairest way for both parties

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most homes here have "Offers over $...." and regularly sell for $50k over that. One house we were looking at went up (ed). in asking price! It's nuts. It truly takes watching the RE for a long time to be able to judge a house price.
    Last edited by Little Ted; 12-03-2015 at 06:49.